Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 8:56:55 PM EDT
If the threat did happen based on where you live and what you have what would be your plan?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Call the new chick I met recently and tell her she ought to come over.  Remove the protective covers from my pmags.  Order pizza from The Garlic Knot if things weren't too crazy yet.

ETA: Oh yeah...make sure the garage door is closed.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I would grab everyone remotly inportant to me and find a safe location with not many entrances and supplies.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I would grab everyone remotly inportant to me and find a safe location with not many entrances and supplies.

Why would you want not many supplies?

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I ment with supplies and not many entrances
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#5]
depends on threat level
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Threat level: High
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:08:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Threat level: High

Add "lock front door" to previous list.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#8]
lock doors.
lock windows, meh maybe.
climb on roof and shoot at shit till i got bored,
then go play xbox till shit blows over.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:18:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I feel like I ought to post the pic of my movies, the chest rig, the P226 w/ 20 rd mag and the AR w/ beta-c mag to frame the issue relative to my normal status.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#10]
no really. secure windows with already obtained partical board.
wait for my dad to show up.
i have plenty of supplies and live in bfe so i would wait it out.

new guy? welcome to ARFCOM
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I feel like I ought to post the pic of my movies, the chest rig, the P226 w/ 20 rd mag and the AR w/ beta-c mag to frame the issue relative to my normal status.

+1
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:54:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I ment with supplies and not many entrances

Did you 'ment' or 'meant?'
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:07:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Time permitting:

1. Close/lock doors and windows
2. Close all blinds/curtains so nobody can see in.  
2.5. Turn off lights, grab flashlight
3. Empty gun safe, arm whoever is home (im a college student who shares an apartment)
4. Load each weapon and mag (most mags are already loaded, the non mag fed guns need to be loaded)
5. Barricade windows on first floor the doors are heavy enough to hold.
6. Barricade bottom and top of stairwell, sit at top of stairwell ready to rain lead on anything that tries to make it up.

Available weapons: .22lr semi (not mag fed), AR-15, K98, Glock 19 + zombie mags, Colt .45  (my collection is in its infancy)

I have a bunch of mags for the AR and Glock, so they would do the most shooting.  Third person reloads mags, and other grabs one of the other guns and goes to work.

The plan is to try to keep them out and lay low, but be prepared to shoot anything that makes it inside.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#14]
If family has not be zombified.....

Write about it on ARFCOM with live video feed.

and meet up with other Arfcommers or
atleast split up "theirs/My gear" when infected.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Last chance to hit the store a mile from the house? Hope so but who knows. Assuming not.

Secure the too many windows that I have with the plywood in the garage purchased for this situation.

Open the gunsafe and start handing out supplies. My son heads upstairs and gets to the windows that are his responsibility. Wife on the back of the house. Me on the front. PMags loaded and ammo cans distributed. Put on the battle rig and get ready to do work.

Pull the solar lights into the garage (only room with no windows) from the flower bed outside (leaving the panel outside).

Run water in all tubs and start filling any containers. Lock out the auto garage door opener. Turn my truck sideways in front of garage door. Make sure passenger door is locked - driver door open. If we have to fast bug = garage door flys up and we all haul in the F150. Back my wifes CRV into the entrance way of the front porch effectively putting a cork in it. Almost no way to get in that way now - would leave the hatch up so we could bug out in it if necessary.

Pray.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If the threat did happen based on where you live and what you have what would be your plan?

new guy, this is a good thought provoking question.

i would send out the predetermined SHTF text to the preset contact list.

open already unlocked safe (it's open when i'm home) grab AR's for me and the wife. put on chest rig full of mags hand wife her go time gear.

secure house, lock doors, nail up boards on large windows, move large furniture to reinforce weak points.

pull old truck up beside basement entrance, back new truck up to side door (for emergency evac) with the basement steps/wall and the two trucks i can almost seal off an escape area. (if it's rage zombies we're screwed, they can climb over shit)

stash fall back supplies in attic. can't keep them there, it gets too hot.

drag ammo cans and extra mags in front of TV, load mags and watch the world collapse.

call a few people if i can get through and say "i told you so". see if domino's or papa's is still delivering (some sheep will not take things seriously until it's too late), tip with $100 bill.

keep low profile for 3 or 4 days, prepare for bug out to secure location..............

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Living in Florida does have it's advantages.  If it happens right now, the family is all here so, I would arm myself with my rifle and pistol, arm my son.  Go outside and close the metal storm shutters on all the doors and windows.  Making sure the family is secure in the house.  Take inventory and begin working on a way to open up the roof through the garage to enable us to recon the surrounding area.  Finally take inventory of supplies and begin rationing of food stocks to extend supplies as much as possible.

If this happens while at work, contact family members and advise them to meet at the house or attempt extraction depending on where they are and proceed back to house to button up.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I live in a smaller town so I would:

1) Secure the ex wife and the kids.
2) Meet up with my Dad (33 years Army) he has a few guns of his own
3) Go out a little "farther" into an even smaller town that is just a few miles down the road and bunker down at a buddies (he has a very robust 2 floor garage with no windows on the lower level, and this town has very very few people.  Most of the people in this town are "good ol' boys" with guns of their own anyway)

* I always have at least one gun on me and the others are usually pretty close so I would grab them and ammo before heading out.  Also my Bug out bag, with food, babyfood, diapers, etc would be grabbed on the way out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#19]
board up..camp out,,kill any fukcing  thing that didnt say " free beer" when it comes through the front door..."

sides that..my plan is to wait the fuckers out while they rot..no ,,just gotta find a way to keep a 3 yr old still and quite for a few weeks
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Time permitting:

1. Close/lock doors and windows
2. Close all blinds/curtains so nobody can see in.  
2.5. Turn off lights, grab flashlight
3. Empty gun safe, arm whoever is home (im a college student who shares an apartment)
4. Load each weapon and mag (most mags are already loaded, the non mag fed guns need to be loaded)
5. Barricade windows on first floor the doors are heavy enough to hold.
6. Barricade bottom and top of stairwell, sit at top of stairwell ready to rain lead on anything that tries to make it up.

Available weapons: .22lr semi (not mag fed), AR-15, K98, Glock 19 + zombie mags, Colt .45  (my collection is in its infancy)

I have a bunch of mags for the AR and Glock, so they would do the most shooting.  Third person reloads mags, and other grabs one of the other guns and goes to work.

The plan is to try to keep them out and lay low, but be prepared to shoot anything that makes it inside.

Totaly agree except for:

Available weapons: .22lr bolt action, Ak47, springfield arms Operator .45 w/M6, SKS 1.5-5x scope w/tapco 20rnd mag, rem 870 12 gauge 11 round mag tube, winchester model 70 .308 w/nikon3-9 scope, and rem 16 gauge semi auto 5 shot with slugs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top