Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2009 3:01:37 PM EDT
Just watched Diary of the Dead and it freaked me out how quickly the dead became the un-dead. It also proves that zombies can survive underwater for an extended period of time. Remember the scene in the pool?

My question is about the guys stockpiling fuel, food, ammo, etc... in the warehouse. Looters (criminals) or survivors? I'm voting for survivors. Nice to see some ARs too. Anything other than the little .380.
Link Posted: 3/8/2009 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#1]
they looked like survivors to me, but i would think in order to get all that stuff they would need to loot some places.
Link Posted: 3/8/2009 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
That was the worst romero movie made.

I was overly pissed that I actually took the 4 minutes to go to piratebay, type in 'diary of the dead', press enter, then press download....
I mean, damn, that was 4 minutes and a few clicks wasted of my life, not to mention the hour or so I spent watching the the garbage movie..

I mean, highschool kids could of done better. Romero is really starting to suck.
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 9:12:06 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah i started watching it the other day and it was so fuckin lame i had to stop. those kids were pissin me off because they had no clue what was going on and or what to do..
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 3:43:37 PM EDT
[#4]
When the Zombies come, everyone is a survivor and a looter. Most places wont be "open for business" ya know.
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I loved the deaf Amsih guy.

When in doubt, get some dynamite!
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
yeah i started watching it the other day and it was so fuckin lame i had to stop. those kids were pissin me off because they had no clue what was going on and or what to do..

Those people were really stupid. But the worst part was at the end of the movie. The zombie sympathizer crap was totally lame.
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The part when he stabbed himself and the zombie in the face at the same time was priceless!!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2009 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#8]
That movie sucked sweaty balls. Romero needs to be kicked in the dick for that one
Link Posted: 3/10/2009 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those people were really stupid. But the worst part was at the end of the movie. The zombie sympathizer crap was totally lame.

im thinkin it was a good thing i turned it off when i did.
Link Posted: 3/10/2009 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He was the best part of that movie.

Link Posted: 3/10/2009 5:16:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Land of the Dead was pretty bad also.  I own both, but they are not my favorites
Link Posted: 3/10/2009 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Them being scared kids might have something to do with that.
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 6:44:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I liked it but there were a few things that bugged me.

I think the guys in the warehouse were survivors but looters also and in times like those its surviving that counts.

What pissed me off about the movie was that the "inner city minorities" ( one says he's in the national guard also) were so helpful to give them food, gas and weapons but a little while later in the movie the "white national guards", if you can call them that, took all their stuff and just left them a few weapons.  Lame.

I haven't been in situation like that before, but I would guess it probably wouldn't turn out that way.  Not saying the white national guard guys wouldn't rob them because there are pricks of all colors and races, but I bet the inner city guys wouldn't be so helpful. They looted a bunch of shit and now they are giving it away to strangers, don't think so.

With all that mentioned, I still watch it when it comes on because I like all Zombie movies.
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Romero movies just suck.

I don't think there has been one that I liked fullway through.
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 1:23:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Just watched it...gee-awd...wish I had just pirated or rented it, rather than spend 13 fuckin dollars on it....oh well...I'll gift it to some poor bastard...
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 5:43:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just watched it...gee-awd...wish I had just pirated or rented it, rather than spend 13 fuckin dollars on it....oh well...I'll gift it to some poor bastard...

hahaha, you poor son of a bitch. Got roped into buying it. And i thought clicking download was a waste

Link Posted: 3/14/2009 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Even the original question is bypassed when the movie was a stinker.
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just watched Diary of the Dead and it freaked me out how quickly the dead became the un-dead. It also proves that zombies can survive underwater for an extended period of time. Remember the scene in the pool?

My question is about the guys stockpiling fuel, food, ammo, etc... in the warehouse. Looters (criminals) or survivors? I'm voting for survivors. Nice to see some ARs too. Anything other than the little .380.

Looting is surviving, if the shop owner or home owner is dead or gone during a Zompocalypse im sure he isn't coming back to get his shit.

It reminds me of something my drill sgt told us in basic training "if you aint cheatin you aint tryin"

Did you notice something about those national guard guys that stole the yuppy college kids shit, they were all alive and well armed, and they were going to continue being that way.
Link Posted: 3/15/2009 8:47:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Romero has become a poon. After the DOTD remake he has forgotten where he came from... He needs to get back to making zombie movies and leave the political correct bullshit plots to bad Sean Penn movie people.
Link Posted: 3/15/2009 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Romero has become a poon. After the DOTD remake he has forgotten where he came from... He needs to get back to making zombie movies and leave the political correct bullshit plots to bad Sean Penn movie people.

Amen Brother.If I wanted to watch some political commentary shit I'd watch that fag Michael Moore's movies.The recipe for a zombie documentary isn't rocket science...

1.Realistic Gore
2.Cool Weapons
3.Hot Chicks
4.Just keep repeating steps 1-3.
Link Posted: 3/15/2009 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I was overly pissed that I actually took the 4 minutes to go to piratebay, type in 'diary of the dead', press enter, then press download....
I mean, damn, that was 4 minutes and a few clicks wasted of my life, not to mention the hour or so I spent watching the the garbage movie..

I mean, highschool kids could of done better. Romero is really starting to suck.

I think he started after Land of the Dead
Link Posted: 3/15/2009 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#22]
In the hospital, when the drunken idiot intellectual-wannabe professor commented on "the war" and how guns were too easy to use, what fucking war would he have been in?

He's too young to have been in Viet Nam. Maybe the Falklands?
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 2:28:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Land of the Dead was pretty bad also.  I own both, but they are not my favorites

Haven't seen Diary, but...................

...........Land of the Dead was HORRIBLE.................sucked balls an' ass.  The part where the big black zombie sees his brethren bein' used for target practice, and looks skyward and yells.......................zombie emotion................weak as hell.  From that point the thing was a bad comedy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 4:04:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Sucked.  Highly disappointed, but not very surprised.  On topic, they are survivors no one is really left to loot from anyway.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:41:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Not the greatest zombie movie by a long shot.  I bought it simply to complete my Romero zombie collection, watched it once then shelved it.  It seems Romero is trying to hard to compete in the genre he all but started.  If he would remain true to his previous films instead of trying to compete with the new breed of zombie movies it would be alot better for everyone...... ITS A ZOMBIE MOVIE, STOP TRYING TO BE ALL ARTSY FARTSY WITH THE FIRST PERSON DOCUMENTARY STUFF I HAVE SEEN ENOUGH OF THOSE MOVIES AND I HATE THEM ALL.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Let me ask a question. You are strolling along in the desert. You have no water. A guy shows up talking shit about how good he is, he has 2 gallons of water that he got out of a cacti. He gets bit by a snake and dies. NOW you are a thief if you take the water? Survivor is definatly the term to use. It's only looting if the people are still alive. In which case i would suggest a IOU.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I actually admired how well organized the guys in the warehouse were. They were in a defensible position and they appeared to have thought out their supply needs and organizational structure. I would have kept the fuel, and explosives away from the foodstuffs and such, but we should all hope to be that well off.

Note: Didn't see any women. Bummer.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#28]
This zombie documentary is running again this week on the Cinemax networks. If you haven't seen it, it's worth watching just to see how lame people can really be.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:20:42 AM EDT
[#29]
I actually thought this was a decent flick. Plenty of guns, zombies, and blood.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Far from the worst zombie movie I have ever seen...but damn do I regret sitting through it.  Terrible acting.  Sad when a deaf Amish guy, who is in the movie for all of 5 minutes, is the best part.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Far from the worst zombie movie I have ever seen...but damn do I regret sitting through it.  Terrible acting.  Sad when a deaf Amish guy, who is in the movie for all of 5 minutes, is the best part.

aint that the truth!

i think that damn dumb movie killed some of my better brain cells!!!

Dawn of the Dead '04 is the only one that i really like. some parts piss me off but over all it kicked the shit out of the others

oh and i think they were looters. which after the zombies start walking makes them survivors. if you aint home, chances are, you're not coming back.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top