Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2013 10:45:01 AM EDT
I packed some loaded mags a couple years ago in a vacuum sealed (heat) bag
while going through things yesterday, discovered that it had failed

these were commercial vac-bags, with the mesh(~) interior.

is this typical? is there some secret method I should brush up on?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:52:04 AM EDT
[#1]
After we used up the original vacuum bags with our sealer i bought similar bags from ebay because they were cheaper and suppose to be just as good..

I have also noticed that they dont hold a seal very well at times..  I have started making the back long and then double sealing them on each end after i vacuum them..

Im not sure what the 'mesh' is for, but i also found that it likes to stick to frozen foods until they thaw completely..

I doubt that I will by the mesh kind again.. I think it could be the ' you get what you pay for' scenario.

Brian
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#2]
IIRC, these are seal-a-meal bags

the "mesh" (grid) inside the bag is to help get all the air out.

vacuum empties the bag real well, but I think we're all looking for a seal that lasts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top