Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/20/2012 7:26:43 PM EDT
Got a question for y'all. Has anyone in any of their home states been seeing a lot more military vehicle movements in their areas? Aside from seeing a lot of ground vehicles being hauled down the highways on semi trailers, I have been seeing A LOT of helicopter traffic.... not usual traffic flight directions at high altitudes but lots of UH-60 Blackhawks doing things like making multiple low circle passes over the higher populated areas of towns, flying super low then disappearing out of sight because they dropped to at least a 30 foot altitude slow pass over a rarely used airstrip only to swoop up right over the highway before hitting the power lines (almost like a low level troop drop practice run before boogie-in outta dodge), to a formation of 6 of them flying lights out tonight so low that we could see the green instrument panel glow and the street lights illuminated the bottoms of the birds. Now, I dunno wtf is going on, and i have asked lots of people aroundd here what they think and all I get is "they must be training, nothin to worry about"..... but for WHAT?!?! What are your thoughts and is anyone else seeing this type of shit too??
Link Posted: 6/20/2012 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#1]
It's the time of year when Nat Guard units are training.
Link Posted: 6/21/2012 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds likely however we around here have been seeing this increase in activity and strange flights since last November.
Link Posted: 6/21/2012 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The real question is, has anyone in the southern FL region noticed a pickup in .mil activity???
Link Posted: 6/21/2012 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The real question is, has anyone in the southern FL region noticed a pickup in .mil activity???

I'll report if I see anything out of the ordinary.
Link Posted: 6/21/2012 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#5]
In Murphy, NC there were 3 fighter jets, cruising through the sky around 6-8-12.

and same thing down here around the Ft. Myers/ Sanibel FL area around the same date.
Link Posted: 6/21/2012 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Now that you mention it, I saw a few... BRB I got a knock at the door....
Link Posted: 6/21/2012 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm telling ya.... they are gettin ready for something that they know about but we don't!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 6:54:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Did it occur to you that since there are no longer 8 Army Combat Brigades stationed in Iraq (then all the Marines, Air Force, and Navy included), and they have returned to CONUS and are now back in their respective train up phases (gotta be ready for the NEXT war, or deployment to Afghan or Africa or the PI), that youre gonna see more folks in Green-ish out and about?

Also, it's summer, and the National Guard and Reserve are in their Annual Training period. (that whole 2 weeks a year lie they tell em)

Trust me man, the people you have the LEAST to worry about is the US Military! little hint...look up the Society of Cincinnatus.

But hey...thats just my 2 Pesos!
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think Madbomber_Mike got it right in his post, but I have been keeping a real close eye on Florida.There's just too much weird news coming out of there lately.
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Dont be so paranoid, The guard units around the US are doing their required training.
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 12:18:10 AM EDT
[#11]
EDIT, sorry, 50 was a high number for exaggerating affect.
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 3:31:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Saw a convoy of 30 MRAPs heading east out of Carswell in FW yesterday.

Link Posted: 6/23/2012 3:55:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm a student and I work pretty close with 100 of my buddies on the local swat team. I've been noticing a lot of army mans driving vehicles and doing army man stuff that isn't related to annual training. I have a lot of experience watching army mans do army man things, so I can tell when something isn't army man training. When I asked 100 of my buddies from the swat team what was up some dudes in an MRAP came and took me away at gunpoint. I'm now en route to a FEMA camp.
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 6:22:59 AM EDT
[#14]
probably pre positioning
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Edited for opsec.

Shit, my bad guys.
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I can't say a whole lot, but we are pretty busy getting things ready.

Op sec
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Loose lips sink ships.

Link Posted: 6/23/2012 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You've said too much already.
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#19]
WHOOPS, OPSEC violation.
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm a student and I work pretty close with 100 of my buddies on the local swat team. I've been noticing a lot of army mans driving vehicles and doing army man stuff that isn't related to annual training. I have a lot of experience watching army mans do army man things, so I can tell when something isn't army man training. When I asked 100 of my buddies from the swat team what was up some dudes in an MRAP came and took me away at gunpoint. I'm now en route to a FEMA camp.

HAAAHAAAHAAA!!!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

HAAAHAAAHAAA!!!!

What he's not explaining is that he had to keister his Android in order to give the running update.
Link Posted: 6/24/2012 4:43:29 AM EDT
[#23]
motorpool
Link Posted: 6/24/2012 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HAAAHAAAHAAA!!!!

What he's not explaining is that he had to keister his Android in order to give the running update.

The part he's really not telling us is that it's the gerbil sending the messages from said keistered Android.  :P
Link Posted: 6/25/2012 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Just thought it was odd thats all. Make fun of if ya want. I count my fellow county law enforcement co-workers and friends to be credible as well and among them is each and every one on the SWAT team that were rated the number one SWAT team in Wisconsin. Whatever, jeez la weez!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2012 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just thought it was odd thats all. Make fun of if ya want. I count my fellow county law enforcement co-workers and friends to be credible as well and among them is each and every one on the SWAT team that were rated the number one SWAT team in Wisconsin. Whatever, jeez la weez!!

Do you think military vehicles have access to transporter machines that beam them wherever they need to go?

Or is the more reasonable explanation that when X unit needs to get vehicles to Y training area or Z depot they would use the public highway system?
Link Posted: 6/25/2012 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you think military vehicles have access to transporter machines that beam them wherever they need to go?

Or is the more reasonable explanation that when X unit needs to get vehicles to Y training area or Z depot they would use the public highway system?

Dude, whatever you do, don't tell him about the rail system.
Link Posted: 6/25/2012 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Your story got kinda outlandish is why we're joking on ya a bit.  First of all Daemon is right, secondly, all your 50 SWAT friends confirmed is that they haven't seen anything like it.  Not seeing something doesnt make it sinister when you do see it automatically.  Thirdly, until the money gets turned off you'll see a lot of training up until units can't get food or fuel from congress.
Link Posted: 6/25/2012 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Op sec

Goddammit, edit that shit out of your post!
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 5:39:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Op sec

Goddammit, edit that shit out of your post!

Fuckman, edit! Do you know what would happen if word of the "operation" got out too early??!!!
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 5:50:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Number one SWAT team in Wisconsin, is that like the smartest ...
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Am I the only one who read that in Borat's voice?

Number 2 prostitute in all of Kazakstan!
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I the only one who read that in Borat's voice?

Number 2 prostitute in all of Kazakstan!

Is niiice, no?
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 12:55:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
"they must be training, nothin to worry about"..... but for WHAT?!?!

There's a little known event that's been going on for the past couple years called the GWOT.  Maybe you have heard of it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"they must be training, nothin to worry about"..... but for WHAT?!?!

There's a little known event that's been going on for the past couple years called the GWOT.  Maybe you have heard of it.

HOLY SHIT, you mean the military trains to fight and prosecute a war before fighting and prosecuting a fucking WAR?  HOLY MOTHER OF GOD
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:23:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Good grief, I know they gotta get to where they are going via vehicular trafficways. Talking about not seeing ANY movements for all the years I've been here, 26, to uh-60's doing weird flight shit... a lot in the last 8 months. You tell me, is it normal for them to buzz a civvie airport 50 feet off the deck (repeatedly) in a small town with no guard posts or anything.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#37]
I dunno, I saw a convoy of humvees towing some kind of weird looking machines the other day.  And I saw about 6 Chinooks flying east.  And this morning when I went to get the mail, I saw a blackhawk flying way higher than they usually fly.  Not to mention this humongous airplane, all painted grey and stuff, landed at the local airport.

And when the wife came home this afternoon and some strange car pulled in the drive after her and the driver said she was here to take pictures of the house and our house isn't for sale!!
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 9:57:00 PM EDT
[#38]
What's with all the "We The Sheeple" answers? Military craft doesn't do shit like this in civvie areas around here. People I have talked to in the Guard all say the same.... Weekend training and the yearly extended training is done where???..... ON a FREAKING BASE. Not in towns with 7,000 people with no base any where near. So back to the basic question I asked. Other than all the comments of "oh, I saw a convoy going into/out of a base", "ever hear of GWOT" etc. etc. Has anyone else seen unusual sights and/or increase in unusual flights in CIVILIAN areas no where near a BASE?? (aka Unusual being something other than general obvious travel to and from bases, general obvious air travel at high altitudes obviously going in the general directions of airports and/or bases). No, I don't claim to know what the military does, I have never been in. I do work with a lot of people who have been in, are in or are going in as well as. They don't give me retarded sheeple answers. They also think it is odd. And I know it will come up so here it is... YES, I definitely know the difference between a UH-60 Blackhawk and a Bell FOX NEWS chopper.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 10:16:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Good grief, I know they gotta get to where they are going via vehicular trafficways. Talking about not seeing ANY movements for all the years I've been here, 26, to uh-60's doing weird flight shit... a lot in the last 8 months. You tell me, is it normal for them to buzz a civvie airport 50 feet off the deck (repeatedly) in a small town with no guard posts or anything.

I live in Wisconsin... work for a large county agency assigned to patrol.  2.5 years on our SWAT.... tell me what agency (excluding Milwaukee Pd) has the budget to employ a 50 piggy tactical team?? Were they ranked number 1 by ASP??  I think we can toss the bs flag....  where abouts are you?
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#40]
OK, thank you fpd164, I trust you got my IM. Sorry fellas for exaggerating a bit. Did so for affect on the numbers of gents on our county team. Back to the question, anyone seen what I have asked about? The out of the "norm" stuff?
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 3:49:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
OK, thank you fpd164, I trust you got my IM. Sorry fellas for exaggerating a bit. Did so for affect on the numbers of gents on our county team. Back to the question, anyone seen what I have asked about? The out of the "norm" stuff?

You could be a government plant trying to get us to what we've been observing!  Caught in your lies G-man!

Here's the deal kid, it's the National Guard, they're doing training, your 5000 SWAT friends are wrong, as well as your imaginary "army men" that you are making up to make your story sound better now.

It's not Operation Let's Get Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 4:33:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could be a government plant trying to get us to what we've been observing!  Caught in your lies G-man!

Here's the deal kid, it's the National Guard, they're doing training, your 5000 SWAT friends are wrong, as well as your imaginary "army men" that you are making up to make your story sound better now.

OGW is next quarter.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 5:05:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OGW is next quarter.

There are so many OPSEC violations in this thread it's stupid.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 6:28:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted: Sorry fellas for exaggerating a bit.

You sure these massive military movements weren't exaggerated a bit either?

I'm active duty and I regularly go through little tiny towns in convoys to get somewhere to train.  Shit just last week I rode a bus with 40 other uniformed soldiers through a bunch of tiny towns.  We all stopped at a truck stop in a 2-light town for a bite to eat, i'm pretty sure we kicked off a couple dozen more conspiracy stories around there as well.

The criteria for military going somewhere does not have to include a base.  We can train on civilian areas, parks, and even little known unmanned training areas in the middle of nowhere.  We attend classes and schools run by civilians all the time.

Just because you are not in the loop doesn't say much, and some buddies in the national guard not knowing about it says even less.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 6:57:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Hell, on that note.....God help me for tossing this one out...
In 'the early '90s I was stationed at the National Training Center at Ft. Irwin California, back then, we were the 32nd Guards Motor RIfle Regiment of the Krasnovian Army...yeah, we were dressed in Soviet uniforms, carried AK's, drove Soviet vehicles and had big red stars and hammers and sickles on just about everything we owned.

Then one day, a bunch of riots started in Los Angeles when some shithead named Rodney King got his ass beaten.

LAPD couldn't handle it.....National Guard rolled in...they we're a little out of their depth...so they deployed 7th Infantry from Ft Ord, and the 1st Marines from Pendleton....OK, fine.

Some assclown at the Pentagon thought that they might need armor support, looked at a map and saw that the 177th Armored Brigade was stationed at Ft Irwin, just a couple hours away. Made the call, and we got a call in the middle of the morning and told to deploy immediately to support the operations in LA........

So we loaded up on the busses, loaded all the armor onto tank transporters, took the blank adapters off, and headed towards LA.....we got as far as the I-10 and I-15 interchange and the COlonel pulled that shit over and got on the phone to inform those dumb asses that "THIS IS A BAD FUCKING IDEA!!!! We're dressed like Soviets! Carrying Soviet Rifles! Driving Soviet Vehicles!!!!"  Yeah...they got the point, we went back to Irwin.

I've got an awesome picture from one of the old underground conspiracy rags of my buddies and I smoking on the side of the road, the long assed gun tube from a T-72 tank poking out from under a tarp behind us. Were in out Soviet uniforms and gear, AK's strapped to our chests, and berets pushed back on our heads Russian style....

The caption reads.... SOVIET ARMY INVADES LOS ANGELES!!!

Now that sounds just fucking ridiculous doesn't it?  Put this origional story into perspective???
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:12:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:42:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
In 'the early '90s I was stationed at the National Training Center at Ft. Irwin California, back then, we were the 32nd Guards Motor RIfle Regiment of the Krasnovian Army...yeah, we were dressed in Soviet uniforms, carried AK's, drove Soviet vehicles and had big red stars and hammers and sickles on just about everything we owned.

Then one day, a bunch of riots started in Los Angeles when some shithead named Rodney King got his ass beaten.

LAPD couldn't handle it.....National Guard rolled in...they we're a little out of their depth...so they deployed 7th Infantry from Ft Ord, and the 1st Marines from Pendleton....OK, fine.

Some assclown at the Pentagon thought that they might need armor support, looked at a map and saw that the 177th Armored Brigade was stationed at Ft Irwin, just a couple hours away. Made the call, and we got a call in the middle of the morning and told to deploy immediately to support the operations in LA........

So we loaded up on the busses, loaded all the armor onto tank transporters, took the blank adapters off, and headed towards LA.....we got as far as the I-10 and I-15 interchange and the COlonel pulled that shit over and got on the phone to inform those dumb asses that "THIS IS A BAD FUCKING IDEA!!!! We're dressed like Soviets! Carrying Soviet Rifles! Driving Soviet Vehicles!!!!"  Yeah...they got the point, we went back to Irwin.

I've got an awesome picture from one of the old underground conspiracy rags of my buddies and I smoking on the side of the road, the long assed gun tube from a T-72 tank poking out from under a tarp behind us. Were in out Soviet uniforms and gear, AK's strapped to our chests, and berets pushed back on our heads Russian style....

Now that sounds just fucking ridiculous doesn't it?  Put this origional story into perspective???

DUDE you SO have to post pics of that
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

PICS! That sounds awesome!
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This post makes the time I spent on this thread all worthwhile.  Pics please?  
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 8:02:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted: Sorry fellas for exaggerating a bit.

You sure these massive military movements weren't exaggerated a bit either?

I'm active duty and I regularly go through little tiny towns in convoys to get somewhere to train.  Shit just last week I rode a bus with 40 other uniformed soldiers through a bunch of tiny towns.  We all stopped at a truck stop in a 2-light town for a bite to eat, i'm pretty sure we kicked off a couple dozen more conspiracy stories around there as well.

The criteria for military going somewhere does not have to include a base.  We can train on civilian areas, parks, and even little known unmanned training areas in the middle of nowhere.  We attend classes and schools run by civilians all the time.

Just because you are not in the loop doesn't say much, and some buddies in the national guard not knowing about it says even less.

Next we'll have people requesting that we hold town meetings 30 days prior to any movement off-post in order to advise the public.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top