Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2012 4:17:50 PM EDT
I am sure their are more and/or better choices but Amazon carries some funky stuff for all your post apocalyptic clothing needs or for the next stroll to the local mall.

Damascus FX1

Or

Damascus DCP4000
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow.  

All I need now is the ball gag.
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Did you read the reviews?

Link Posted: 3/17/2012 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The reviews are funny! You wonder who trolls amazon to leave those reviews...
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#4]
what? now all of the sudden I'm the only guy showing up in a jock strap and old hockey pads?
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Mall Ninja's wet dream............do they come in husky sizes?
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Mall Ninja's wet dream............do they come in husky sizes?

Man I sure hope they do... I need a new Zombie killing suit.

Just kidding of course

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:48:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The reviews are funny! You wonder who trolls amazon to leave those reviews...

Judging by how many there are, it would look like everyone does.

Does kinda look like the outfit that Big Daddy wears in Kickass.

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
what? now all of the sudden I'm the only guy showing up in a jock strap and old hockey pads?

Don't forget your ping-pong ball blaster pistol...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll keep this short since others have already provided decent reviews of the efficacy of this system against humans. I bought this for late night forays through the local zoo. For the most part, the animals didn't pay attention to me when I wore the Damascus FX1. Then I smeared turkey hot dogs over the entire surface and good lord, did that make a difference.

I was able to get through the lion pen with just a few scratches. The lions definitely can put the hurt on you when they smack you with their paws. The system absorbs the impact fairly well, though I have to admit that I lost consciousness a few times (I still think that it may have been the double dose of ecstasy I took).

Well hell it worked for him
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Do they make that in beach style attire? Maybe a brighter color or a little more loose? This way when I'm playing paddle ball on the beach & z-day comes, I'm ready!
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#11]
The best post-apocalyptic outfit:

Your Captain, courtesy of Romantically Apocalyptic
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#12]
A little too pricey and not very good for blending in (assuming you didn't rattle can it into MC.)

These are made with Kevlar and should help blend better when you're out and about after Z-Day.
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll keep this short since others have already provided decent reviews of the efficacy of this system against humans. I bought this for late night forays through the local zoo. For the most part, the animals didn't pay attention to me when I wore the Damascus FX1. Then I smeared turkey hot dogs over the entire surface and good lord, did that make a difference.

I was able to get through the lion pen with just a few scratches. The lions definitely can put the hurt on you when they smack you with their paws. The system absorbs the impact fairly well, though I have to admit that I lost consciousness a few times (I still think that it may have been the double dose of ecstasy I took).

A double dose of ecstasy and wrestling some lions is nothing.I want to know how well it holds up to use by the average Marine.
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A double dose of ecstasy and wrestling some lions is nothing.I want to know how well it holds up to use by the average Marine.

Depends.  Was tha Marine drunk, and was there a dare involved?
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 7:20:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trick question.  With a Marine, alcohol and a dare are always involved.  But he probably wasn't wearing Depends.

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trick question.  With a Marine, alcohol and a dare are always involved.  But he probably wasn't wearing Depends.

The friend I'm thinking of, yes to both questions.Last time I talked to him, he casually mentioned he managed to break his Cold Steel Kukri,not the 20 dollar machete one of the expensive models.He got loaded and decided to go out in the woods to see how long it would take to get it dull from cutting.I've thought about doing some type of You Tube series with him testing gear in a "real world situation", but I can't afford the overhead(alcohol).
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#17]
No one has mentioned the awesomeness of the Damascus FX1 in an air-soft zombie battle scenario!

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Hell, I'm tempted to get some just to use for my planned "zed hunter" halloween costume.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 12:38:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Recently Mythbusters tested truck bed liner as a dog bite deterrent on clothing. It was very interesting. A german shepherd attack dog could not bite through it and actually stopped biting even on the cotton jacket and went for the leg instead as it had a hard time getting a good grip on the jacket sleeve.

This stuff is spray on and usually comes in black but there are many other colors it can be made in. An interesting idea as an additive to the gear you have to improve it. AND it can make portions of the uniform water and body fluid resistant.

I think this needs to be looked into......

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-bring-on-the-dog.html
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 12:43:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Those pants will smith wore
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Recently Mythbusters tested truck bed liner as a dog bite deterrent on clothing. It was very interesting. A german shepherd attack dog could not bite through it and actually stopped biting even on the cotton jacket and went for the leg instead as it had a hard time getting a good grip on the jacket sleeve.

This stuff is spray on and usually comes in black but there are many other colors it can be made in. An interesting idea as an additive to the gear you have to improve it. AND it can make portions of the uniform water and body fluid resistant.

I think this needs to be looked into......

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-bring-on-the-dog.html

ok...follow me on this one.

motorcycle jacket (armor built in, good ventilation on some models)
stencils to lay out armor (wouldn't want full coverate, just enough to keep you safe)
spray-on truck bed liner.

should work out. who has more money and free time than me? get on it. report back.

we await your findings
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 3:51:04 AM EDT
[#22]
It would be entertaining to say the least, To be able to watch them try to work out and train with all that on
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top