Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2012 7:19:13 AM EDT
is there any out there in m4 style that would be a great training tool as well as something that if you shot it at a zombies face it would take it down 50 yards and in
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 7:32:27 AM EDT
[#1]
That would be classified as a fully auto weapon by the Feds.  Must be already on the machine gun registry before the '86 ban, background check, $200 tax, etc, etc.

Are you really $5000+ concerned about zombies?
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 7:52:58 AM EDT
[#2]
only have to worry about the tax stamp in south carolina
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah like others have said a 3 round burst for 22 is a class 3 weapon.

Now if you want a semi that is .22 M4 style then check out

S&W M&P15-22
S&W M&P15-22

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No. 1934 GCA is a federal law. Unless you want to become a Class III dealer or SOT, you may only purchase a machine gun which existed before 1986. This limits supply, which in turn, inflates price. You find what you want, fill out an ATF Form 4, submit it along with $200 and either fingerprints, CLEO signature, and passport photos or  your trust/LLC paperwork. Wait 5-6 months, then go pick up your toy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. 1934 GCA is a federal law. Unless you want to become a Class III dealer or SOT, you may only purchase a machine gun which existed before 1986. This limits supply, which in turn, inflates price. You find what you want, fill out an ATF Form 4, submit it along with $200 and either fingerprints, CLEO signature, and passport photos or  your trust/LLC paperwork. Wait 5-6 months, then go pick up your toy.

Yeah, in other words if you get a "tax stamp" for an MG, there are no SC restrictions.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, in other words if you get a "tax stamp" for an MG, there are no SC restrictions.

so you care so much because ? i was just saying that would be a great zombie stopper

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Minor hijack; I would much prefer a two shot burst for CQB. How come nobody makes that but H&K?
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:45:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

so you care so much because ? i was just saying that would be a great zombie stopper

I guess, when you say, just have to worry about a tax stamp, and someone comes along listing the requirements of getting said stamp, they are stating the obvious.

Next someone will come along and say you will actually have to pay for a rifle capable of 3 shot bursts.

Masters of the obvious.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes it would be neat, but not $10k+ neat...
And you just turned your 30rd rifle into a 10rd shotgun...
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#11]
hmmmm......and you couldn't get a hold of a 12 gau shot gun?....eyeroll....
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I must have misunderstood. His post came immediately after another post explaining the need for a background check, etc. It sounded to me like Orbit1212 was claiming that in SC you were somehow exempt from the other provisions of NFA, etc.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Hmmm... I've never fired a 22lr conversion kit in an AR, but would a conversion kit or 22lr upper work with an NFA lower? Just curious.

As for the OP, the answer to your question lies in the answer to my above question. Regardless, if you want a FA or burst 22lr zombie gun, you are going to be paying $10,000 for said zombie gun, and that is $10k that I would definitely find a better way to spend. If I had $10k that I HAD to spend on a pre-'86 gun, it wouldn't be a 22lr. It would be like going out and buying the sweetest motorcycle of your dreams, and then putting a moped motor in it.

I understand your thinking...   kinda...   but wouldn't do it myself. There are none out there that I am aware of. 22lr ARs built around an NFA lower, that is.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 5:00:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Get you a 22lr conversion and a few extra mags and be happy. I shoot my conversion all day. Much cheaper to feed than .223 and is fine for training purposes.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 7:34:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 7:38:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a .22 conversion for my AC556. Full auto is much more reliable, but burst does work.

As always, talk to someone who owns a burst capable weapon, and odds are, they never use burst. Either auto, or semi.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 8:31:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was probbaly trying to keep you from ending up in jail by accident.  You should thank him for being concerned.  The thin skinned don't last long around here.  Lighten up Francis!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#18]
This thread needs more Taurus Judge.

9 .32 caliber pellets in one shot.  That's far better than three .22LR in a burst.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This thread needs more Taurus Judge.

9 .32 caliber pellets in one shot.  That's far better than three .22LR in a burst.

.410 buck is 3 000B pellets, that's 15 total pellets in the gun.
Add in sucky patterning and slow reloads and you come up way behind...

In case you haven't noticed, recommending the Judge for anything but snakes around here is a surefire way to make sure nobody takes you seriously...
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#21]
If you don't mind real slow reloads... or have a lot to spend on adapters....XM1822 40mm Adapter.

18 rounds of .22lr, all at once.

But if you're going with 40mm, might as well just load up some 40mm buckshot.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was probbaly trying to keep you from ending up in jail by accident.  You should thank him for being concerned.  The thin skinned don't last long around here.  Lighten up Francis!!!

higgimw y dont you and that other jerkoff answer talk about the law how did a simple question turn into this and guess what guys if its wrol or the zombie Apocalypse i dont think that would really matter but seeing as how the gun i was talking about was not in real nor do i own it if you will read for those who need help listen to this

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF A .22 LR WITH A THREE ROUND BURST WOULDN'T THAT BE COOL !!! I THINK IT WOULD REALLY GET THE JOB DONE IN THE ZOMBIE Apocalypse WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT AND I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THE LAW CAN A .22LR DESTROY A BRAIN STEM OR BRAIN AT 100 YARDS IN WITH 3 ROUND BURST ??? JERKS
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#23]
A burst isn't going to do anything three rapid shots won't, or really anything that one shot won't.  
As an aside, you might want to check your attitude, if you plan to stay here.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#24]
well dont respond keep your opinion to yourself if its not forward thinking
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I think you are fun.

TRG
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Minor hijack; I would much prefer a two shot burst for CQB. How come nobody makes that but H&K?

Agreed.  Years ago a SC SLED agent let me put a few mags through his .40 MP5, and I was really surprised by how easy it was to control the groups in 2 round burst, especially at shorter ranges.  Nothing a skilled shooter couldn't replicate in semiauto fire, it just made things slightly easier for me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you are fun.

TRG

Every time I try to convince people SC isn't really that bad, something new pops up...
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 3:51:46 AM EDT
[#29]
I figure that on Zday there will be enough living threats as well that whatever I have should be able to be dual duty.  I personally would not choose a .22lr with 3rd burst on Zday unless I had no other option.  Then again, I PERSONALLY wouldnt even choose a weapon with burst/FA fire to begin with.

-I'm hesitant to use a .22lr on a Zed (Unless surpressed and up close for that one I just HAVE to take out quickly and quietly).  Not a relaible enough punch.  Some may argue otherwise, but it is simply my opinion.  

-I wouldnt choose to use a .22lr to protect myself against a living target (or ragers) under any curcumstances short of having NO other choice.

-I see no efficient use for FA/3RB against shambling/head-shot-only undead, and limited use against ragers.

Dude, lighten up a bit.  There are enough tools are around that would and will make something illegal through ignorance or beligerance that sometimes its only propper course to remind politely try to make sure you arent in the former catagory.  Cant help those who are in the latter.  Not every comment here is dropped for the purpose of ragging on you or tearing your throat out, and I don't see any here that appear intended that way.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 6:27:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you are fun.

TRG

Every time I try to convince people SC isn't really that bad, something new pops up...

Even Don Quixote had a mission, you know?

TRG
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 7:08:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

higgimw y dont you and that other jerkoff answer talk about the law how did a simple question turn into this and guess what guys if its wrol or the zombie Apocalypse i dont think that would really matter but seeing as how the gun i was talking about was not in real nor do i own it if you will read for those who need help listen to this

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF A .22 LR WITH A THREE ROUND BURST WOULDN'T THAT BE COOL !!! I THINK IT WOULD REALLY GET THE JOB DONE IN THE ZOMBIE Apocalypse WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT AND I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THE LAW CAN A .22LR DESTROY A BRAIN STEM OR BRAIN AT 100 YARDS IN WITH 3 ROUND BURST ??? JERKS

No... I understood your question.  I was tryin to help justify his response to you. But your original post had an 11 post count with it, which means you are new to ARFCOM, and new to this particular forum.  The gentleman was no doubt trying to offer some constructive advice, and not put you down or belittle you.

NOW... To answer your question, I am a fan of the .22 round.  I think would be adequate at closer distances.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 8:05:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hmmm... I've never fired a 22lr conversion kit in an AR, but would a conversion kit or 22lr upper work with an NFA lower? Just curious.

Ok, I want to know also.

I would not mind a 22lr for zeds. In fact I plan on using a sbr 10/22 along with 9mm pistol and my AR.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 6:52:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, I want to know also.

I would not mind a 22lr for zeds. In fact I plan on using a sbr 10/22 along with 9mm pistol and my AR.

If it is a registered FA receiver, and you install the appropriate anti-bounce system to the conversion kit, it will run FA 22LR.

There is also a beltfed upped receiver in 22LR available that runs in SEMI or FULL.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:11:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There is also a beltfed upped receiver in 22LR available that runs in SEMI or FULL.

TRG

From what I've seen and heard, "runs" is open to debate.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

From what I've seen and heard, "runs" is open to debate.

WEll, my Lakeside upper has gathered dust for 2...3 years now?

That should say something.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 3:59:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

UR STOOOPID BAD TYPNG AND EVEN WORSE using OF SOME KIND OF DRUNKEn eNGLISH and UR LOUSY ATTITuDE R MAKING THIS THREAD EVEN MORE DUMBER!!! anD I HAS SAW TEENAGE CRAckheads intha ER for oVERDOSN TXTN MORE INTELLIGNT N COHERENT THOUGHTS ta THEY BOYS BUT EYES A JERK AND YOU DONT CARE CAUSE YOU CAN TYPE BIG AND THOSE STUPED LAWS CAUSE DONT MATTER NONE CAUSE ITS THE ZOMBPOCALYPSE AND YOU GONNA GET A UPARMORED TACTICAL wheelbarrow TO USE AS COVER AND TO PUSH AROUND UR SUPER COOL THREE ROUND BURST .22 AND  A .THIRTY8...

GunKid, when did you get released? It must have been a tough stint for you, as I recall you having a better mastery of the english language. I hope all is well, regards.

Quoted:
Not every comment here is dropped for the purpose of ragging on you or tearing your throat out, and I don't see any here that appear intended that way.

Just for the sake of clarity and in light of the caps lock tantrum, my post above was totally meant to rag on the guy.

K.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 4:03:59 AM EDT
[#37]
On a more serious note Orbit1212,

According to my digital sale, 3 rounds of .22(federal bulk pack stuff) weighs 9.6 grams. A single round of .223(all i had real handy was wolf 62gr.) weighs 11.7 grams.

I would think that a loadout of .223 / 5.56 and a semiauto carbine(vs. a theoretial weapon spraying 3 rounds of .22 at a time) would still be a much more practical choice given a relatively similar weight of rounds fired per triggerpull. Espicially if you take into account range and ballistics advantages of the .223/5.56 over .22.

As well keep in mind the additional weight added by all the extra mags you would need to carry an equivilant number of possible trigger pulls. 1 loaded 30 round pmag = 30 trigger pulls, 1 30 round .22 mag would = 10 trigger pulls, you'll need more mags to load up and have ammo ready to engage the same number of individual targets.

(This is assuming always firing on 3 round burst. If not, just get a .22 conversion unit for an AR and have the best of both worlds at your disposal. This is arfcom, so the correct answer is "get both").

Overall, the weight factor would pretty much be a draw, but the .223/5.56 is a much better round for killing stuff.

If you want to throw the practicality of weight of ammo out and go for the possible advantage of luck(hitting multiple targets with one trigger pull), get a shotgun.  

However, for the record. Yes, a burst capable or F/A in .22 would be one Hell of a lot of fun, were it reliable.

K.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#38]
just buy a ar with 22 conversion and a bumpfire stock, fully legal full atomatic.(sorta...) or just keep it as a .223.
Ive fired one of them they are suprisingly controlable and feel like the real thing.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:30:57 PM EDT
[#39]
I wouldn't recommend a burst for a AR-15/M-16 since the mechanism is flawed.  ie You shoot 1 shot, the next trigger pull would be 2 shot burst.  If you shoot 2 shot burst, then your next trigger pull would be only 1 shot.  You have to shoot the full 3 rounds before it resets due to the design.  HK has a much design for burst.

Just thought to mention..
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#40]
This would serve well.......

M&P 15-22 with slidefire
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#41]
You can't beat aimed semi-automatic fire                     .

Deliberate and aimed.  Shoot slowly in a hurry.

I love my 10/22 with factory 25 rounders!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Rimfire ammunition is horrible for reliability. You DO NOT want to be in the Zombie Apocalypse with .22 LR Rimfire to depend upon.  Centerfire all the way man. I mean if you're on a roof top with plenty of supplies and a centerfire close at hand just in case they do break in fine plink them away with the .22LR, but on the ground there is no way in hell I would pick a .22 LR over a centerfire anything or shotgun for that matter.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#43]
OP is a zombie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top