Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2011 7:07:34 PM EDT
help me pick... I can get a knife from Zombie Tools and am having a hell of a time picking one out...

I like the Vakra, but the backwoods bone machete with handguard is highly appealing too.

any of you guys buy their blades? What do you think of them, are they wall hangers or usable blades?
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I want the phalanx
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quite a bit of info and pics in this thread:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=158&t=1154707

Link Posted: 6/18/2011 8:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a "Rough and Ready Bone Machete".  Don't see it on their site anymore.  It's definitely made to be used.  Not saying it isn't nice looking, but it just has the look of a machete that wants to chop shit up.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quite a bit of info and pics in this thread:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=158&t=1154707  

Thanks!
I just shot em an email to see if they ship to APO.

still having a hard time deciding.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 3:13:42 AM EDT
[#5]
The Tooth........... remember The Tooth...............
Mix and Match Zeds with Dune References..............
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got the retired Urban Bone Machete Mark III. It is meant to go through skull and bone and it does it very nicely.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I might go with the Vakra, but there is just something sexy about the bone machetes with the hand guard attached.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I used my Urban Bone Machete to clear some brush and trim some tree branches just to try it out.  Worked great.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 12:16:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've got a "Rough and Ready Bone Machete".  Don't see it on their site anymore.  It's definitely made to be used.  Not saying it isn't nice looking, but it just has the look of a machete that wants to chop shit up.  

Same here and it balances very nice to boot.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I have decided to go with the Vakra... I've always wanted a Kuhkri.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:21:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a Vakra you wont be disappointed.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 6:00:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

care to post a pic?
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

you weren't lyin!
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 2:50:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you weren't lyin!

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h246/2T2_Crash/074ac855.jpg

Very nice, congrats.

I was just oiling the blade of the UBM last night (rust never sleeps) and couldn't help but think that maybe I need another ZT blade. Maybe a Vakra.

Link Posted: 7/21/2011 3:44:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice blade OP!
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

you weren't lyin!

Very nice, congrats.

I was just oiling the blade of the UBM last night (rust never sleeps) and couldn't help but think that maybe I need another ZT blade. Maybe a Vakra.

did you find that the blued finish on the blade wore off pretty quick?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#17]
alright, so this thing hacks through branches like they arent shit and is easy to use but I have a question for you guys.. did yours get light surface rust?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

did yours get light surface rust?

No rust here.  I keep my blade oiled religiously. At least once a month or after each use I give the blade a nice coat of CLP.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No rust here.  I keep my blade oiled religiously. At least once a month or after each use I give the blade a nice coat of CLP.

im having a hell of a time finding it out here, looks like I'll have to talk to my cop buddy. I bet Cold Blue kits would ad the color right back after the rust is removed... damn humidity.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

im having a hell of a time finding it out here, looks like I'll have to talk to my cop buddy. I bet Cold Blue kits would ad the color right back after the rust is removed... damn humidity.

I use the CLP because it's handy, I always have some around.  Motor oil would work fine as well.  Any protective coating of oil is better than nothing.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

you weren't lyin!

very nice!  

i can't believe i just found out about zombie tools today!  i also like the Apokatana.  :)
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I use the CLP because it's handy, I always have some around.  Motor oil would work fine as well.  Any protective coating of oil is better than nothing.

I'm going to lose a lot of the blueing, hell some of it wore off just from the sheath... but in all honesty Its not really a concern... I think a cold blue kit could make it "pretty" again if I wanted, I just need to keep an eye on the whole blade due to the insane humidity here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top