Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/23/2011 12:30:00 AM EDT
Just curious what everyones core beliefs are in their zombie convictions?
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 1:36:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Cause teh bible tells me so...?

Link Posted: 3/23/2011 1:43:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Cause the world will end one day...this just seems like the best option. i mean at least i have a chance right lol.
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 2:32:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't so much buy into the belief that there will eventually be walking dead shambling around waiting to pounce on unsuspecting coeds and turning them into hamburger.

What I do envision is a world altering event in which most of the survivors are shell shocked, suffering from severe PTSD or just this side of catatonic.  I see people that have few if no survival skills turning to any source of sustenance available, even if that source happens to be you.

I think that the end of their normal way of life, plus the slide into cannibalism will break their minds to such an extent that it will result in the formation of a subculture of feral, almost subhuman beings akin to the creatures in ‘I Am Legend’ (except without the super strength, etc…)  These are the Zeds I fear and prepare for.  The ones that want to eat you, but can reason, learn and are driven by the fact that you might have more than just the meat on your bones.
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 2:45:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Because it is a known fact that liberal democrats walk among us.
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 2:49:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yup, I see zombies everyday at work.

Link Posted: 3/23/2011 2:57:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I see dead people zombies
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 4:09:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I believe in bio warfare gone wrong/ scientific experiment hits public a la 28 days later.
So true walking undead, no.   Expanded zed group to include ragers as zeds?  Yes
Possible?  Probable?
If you can be prepaired for this, you can be ready for just about any apocolypse scenario.
Except when skynet takes over.  Then John Connor is our only hope.
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 4:35:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Is it Wednesday already?
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 4:58:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't... BUT this forum gets me thinking about "post" SHTF scenarios and how I'll protect my wife and child.... as well as myself.  These guys have some great ideas on survival and self preservation.
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 5:04:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

this
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 5:12:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

LMMFAO I was so gonna say it...

I mean Jesus came back to life... Sounds Zed to me...

But I digress...

I believe in them for the same reason others believe in Heaven.
To some pearly gates and golden roads are where they want to spend eternity.
With peace and love.

To me... Having free reign of the land being allowed to defend and survive without the
confines of modern law that has been abused and twisted to the benifit of the criminals.
Now that... That is Heaven to me.
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 5:15:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What would you use to take down Jesus?

(Totally kidding! I wouldn't shoot Jesus, even if he was a MZB, Zombie Hay-soos might go down however.)
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 5:44:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What would you use to take down Jesus?

(Totally kidding! I wouldn't shoot Jesus, even if he was a MZB, Zombie Hay-soos might go down however.)

I've heard tales of a magic spear that has done it once before.

Link Posted: 3/23/2011 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#14]
because.
and thats all the reason i need
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Because its one of the only endings to the world one could somewhat enjoy All the arfcommers can use their cool tacticool guns 24/7 and would have a much better chance at surviving then most of the sheeple
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

+1 amen
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't believe in zombies. I think they are possible.

Sheeple are led to believe with feelings. I like to think with reason.
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Personally, it's a fun way to prep.
However, the possibility of a weaponized virus that could cause rage zombie/infected type behavior is a possibility.A weaponized rabies virus would be a horrifying terror weapon.Also, check out this article for more possibilities(it's been posted before):http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_5-scientific-reasons-zombie-apocalypse-could-actually-happen.html
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Look at Katrina, then switch out what just happened in Japan and put it in the same location.
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#20]
There are real zombies. Google the serpent Android the rainbow. But I expect a version of rabies to be the cause of a "movie" outbreak.
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't so much buy into the belief that there will eventually be walking dead shambling around waiting to pounce on unsuspecting coeds and turning them into hamburger.

What I do envision is a world altering event in which most of the survivors are shell shocked, suffering from severe PTSD or just this side of catatonic.  I see people that have few if no survival skills turning to any source of sustenance available, even if that source happens to be you.

I think that the end of their normal way of life, plus the slide into cannibalism will break their minds to such an extent that it will result in the formation of a subculture of feral, almost subhuman beings akin to the creatures in ‘I Am Legend’ (except without the super strength, etc…)  These are the Zeds I fear and prepare for.  The ones that want to eat you, but can reason, learn and are driven by the fact that you might have more than just the meat on your bones.

+1000.  A very concise and realistic world view.

Paladin

ETA: congrats on an incredibly cognitive first post!
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Why do I believe in Zombies, um 'cause they are real.
Real Zombies
Is it likely that the walking dead will someday plague us, probably not. Is it possible that some mad scientist gets bored and figures out how to make a weapon from one of the creatures from the link? I guarantee that right now there is a group of "scientists" working on that, and other bio weapons that would completely blow our collective minds.
Me personally I like how "Zombie" survival can cover bio, no-trad, and traditional warfare all in one subject. It's just the perfect euphemism for those of us that are bright enough to understand the fragility of society.
Plus the looks on peoples faces when you mention the zombie apocalypse.... priceless!
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 7:49:00 AM EDT
[#23]
A lot of us use zombies as a metaphor. It basically means any type of disaster. Katrina, tornadoes, civil unrest, nuclear disaster, or even zombies themselves.  I prep for all of the above.
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 9:36:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Classic example.
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 11:42:10 AM EDT
[#26]
The zombie metaphor allows me to prep for various disaster scenarios while wrapping a minimum of tinfoil around my head and maintaining a sense of humor.
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#27]
I met a zombie today!  It spoke of how "it is all Bush's fault" and how "Obama saved the economy" but refused to acknowledge that the all praised one has spent trillions of dollars.

Zeds are out there.     I believe.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Why do people believe in zombies?  People don't need to believe in zombies when they've seen the living dead.

Here's a man who's been certified as brain dead many times, yet he still walks and talks, all in a typical zombie-like manner:

What more proof do you need?

I don't know whether the above individual eats human flesh or not, but there's no way that I'd put my hand in HIS mouth!!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 11:53:42 AM EDT
[#29]
No one "believes" in zombies.
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

And vote...
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I refer to meth heads as Zombies.. So I believe in them because they are real..
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Zombie is a pc term for SHEEP.
Link Posted: 4/6/2011 4:10:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Zombie is a pc term for SHEEP.

True dat!!!!  
Link Posted: 4/6/2011 4:20:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Some believe in god, some in zombies. Or both.

Why? I have no idea.
Link Posted: 4/6/2011 5:57:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LMMFAO I was so gonna say it...

I mean Jesus came back to life... Sounds Zed to me...

But I digress...

I believe in them for the same reason others believe in Heaven.
To some pearly gates and golden roads are where they want to spend eternity.
With peace and love.

To me... Having free reign of the land being allowed to defend and survive without the
confines of modern law that has been abused and twisted to the benifit of the criminals.
Now that... That is Heaven to me.

Yes to both of these!
Link Posted: 4/6/2011 5:58:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
No one "believes" in zombies.

Christians do! Hello...
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#37]
When there's no more room in Hell the dead will walk the earth.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#39]
I don't know if I can say I believe bloody mangled creatures will soon walk earth but I can say this. As humans we are limited to certain "beliefs" of this happening (unless of course you are bradley cooper in the movie "limitless") I bet when the first people walked the earth they imagined flying...guess what, flying has become a reality....we have developed things in this world that some could only fathom and I surely would not totally eliminate all things.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 7:21:28 AM EDT
[#40]
"Hell is overflowing, and Satan is sending his dead to us. Why? Because, you have sex out of wedlock, you kill unborn children, you have man on man relations, same sex marriage. How do you think your God will judge you? Well friends, now we know. When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."

Link Posted: 4/13/2011 7:52:21 AM EDT
[#41]
In this day and age anything could happen.

If anything, believing in zombies gives me a reason to buy more guns, ammo, and supplies!
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
"Hell is overflowing, and Satan is sending his dead to us. Why? Because, you have sex out of wedlock, you kill unborn children, you have man on man relations, same sex marriage. How do you think your God will judge you? Well friends, now we know. When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."

http://abortionsforall.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/dawnofthedead1.jpg

its gotta be getting cramped down there by now

not to mention all the genetic engineering we seem to be trying out these days,who knows what the hell their going to end up creating cows that give chocolate milk or milk that carries a rabies like disease or cows that crave human flesh,the bovine apocalypse

Link Posted: 4/13/2011 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

because they are coming some day.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 9:24:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Some people will never believe in zombies, even if a zed is gnawing at their arm.  "Good gracious, sir, why are biting me.  Please stop, sir.  PLEEEAASE !!!"

Zombie denial, it's a killer mindset.  Don't let it happen to you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 9:52:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Some people will never believe in zombies, even if a zed is gnawing at their arm.  "Good gracious, sir, why are biting me.  Please stop, sir.  PLEEEAASE !!!"

EXACTLY! I dont know how many times ive seen it in movies where some dumbass walks up to a stranger (because they didnt look well), gets all up in their face, SEES their lower jaw ripped off, etc. with wounds that would leave anyone normal, dead dead dead, and then has the testicular fortitude to ask them "Hey buddy, are you ok? You dont look so good" THEN has a look of shock on their face when their newfound friend is gnawin their shit like it was a burger dropped in the middle of ethiopia.

I know at least 3 people in my neighborhood that would do just this same thing, and YES Ive already inventoried their shit. lol ITS MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 1:38:04 PM EDT
[#46]

I like this, but it should say "Zombies, better than Obama!"
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

EXACTLY! I dont know how many times ive seen it in movies where some dumbass walks up to a stranger (because they didnt look well), gets all up in their face, SEES their lower jaw ripped off, etc. with wounds that would leave anyone normal, dead dead dead, and then has the testicular fortitude to ask them "Hey buddy, are you ok? You dont look so good" THEN has a look of shock on their face when their newfound friend is gnawin their shit like it was a burger dropped in the middle of ethiopia.

I know at least 3 people in my neighborhood that would do just this same thing, and YES Ive already inventoried their shit. lol ITS MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!
Ha !  Even if they're not zombies, I try and stay away from freaky people.  Sure, some may be deserving of sympathy and kindness, but I not so highly evolved that I can tell who's deserving and who's a flesh eating zombie.  My momma told me not to get in the car with strangers, and I gotta figure that letting strangers bite me isn't much better.

You know that there will be some people who just want to "help" the zombies.  "If we could just talk to them, we could convince them that eating human flesh is bad."  Or, "I'm sure that we can negotiate a win-win solution with the zombies."  How can you have a win-win with the flesh-eating undead?  I'm all for being a nice guy, but you gotta draw the line somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#48]
REAVERS!!  Now, those are possible.  "I reckon some folk, just go out too far into the dark, and ain't got nothin' in 'em to deal with it."

I don't *believe* in zombies.  It's funny to go shoot paper zombies, to read zombie stories, and make jokes about zombies.

Morally bankrupt sociopaths?  Yeah, I don't believe in them, either.  They're real.
Link Posted: 4/16/2011 6:16:38 AM EDT
[#49]
If there were no such thing as zombies, why would there be so many movies about them?  Huh?  Did you ever think about that?  I thought not.
Link Posted: 4/16/2011 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If there were no such thing as zombies, why would there be so many movies about them?  Huh?  Did you ever think about that?  I thought not.
Yes, deep down, people know the truth.  With something as big as a zombie apocolypse on the horizon, how could we not know?  It's just that most people are in denial.  They don't want to admit that the kindly grandmother next door will turn into a flesh-eating zombie.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top