Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2016 10:28:37 AM EDT
Ok, so I got a call today asking for money. That's fine no problem with that ask, I fully understand that.

The basis for it is what annoys me since it was geared towards money to fight Obama's planned executive actions. It's the same call I've been getting for a couple years. Less than two months out from a new President I'm not concerned with executive actions.

Further more they then asked if I'd like to extend my membership by five years. I'm currently a patron lifer and will go to the next level when it makes sense.

Maybe I'm just too easily annoyed today but I'd have much rather they tried to raise money by telling me they just spent a bunch of money to help elect Trump and need to refill the coffers.

I will say the lady on the phone was very friendly and nothing against her personally just the message she's pushing. Seemed like a last ditch scare tactic to elicit donations.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ok, so I got a call today asking for money. That's fine no problem with that ask, I fully understand that.

The basis for it is what annoys me since it was geared towards money to fight Obama's planned executive actions. It's the same call I've been getting for a couple years. Less than two months out from a new President I'm not concerned with executive actions.

Further more they then asked if I'd like to extend my membership by five years. I'm currently a patron lifer and will go to the next level when it makes sense.

Maybe I'm just too easily annoyed today but I'd have much rather they tried to raise money by telling me they just spent a bunch of money to help elect Trump and need to refill the coffers.

I will say the lady on the phone was very friendly and nothing against her personally just the message she's pushing. Seemed like a last ditch scare tactic to elicit donations.
View Quote

I called down to NRA HQ and advised them of your comments.  Please feel free to call the good folks at the NRA Membership Department via the switchboard at 703-267-1000 and ask them to be placed on the
"Do Not Solicit" list.  You can also tell they more about messaging and your own personal take on the matter.  They need your information so that they can search the recorded calls and make sure everything was
handled properly.  

Glad to hear that the woman you dealt with was friendly.  

As always, thank you for your support of the NRA!
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:15:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks.
View Quote

Always brother.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got the same call. It is not the call so much as the thought that the organization is wasting a lot of money paying a 3rd party contractor to call people that are already lifers or members paid up for the next few years. It is also a bit disingenuous to call claiming that the money is needed for a political fight when the ILA is a separate legal entity.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got the same call. It is not the call so much as the thought that the organization is wasting a lot of money paying a 3rd party contractor to call people that are already lifers or members paid up for the next few years. It is also a bit disingenuous to call claiming that the money is needed for a political fight when the ILA is a separate legal entity.
View Quote

I would then just call down to NRA HQ (Use the 800 number on the reverse side of your membership card) and as I stated above, give the great folks in Membership your information and your desire to be placed on the "Do Not Solicit" list.
Best way to avoid the call you describe.

Thanks for your support of the NRA!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top