Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.  You're traveling to a known anti-gun state, & you don't check the laws @ oh, half-a-dozen places that warn you that NY doesn't have reciprocity?  There's a Marine in trouble as well.

If you carry, you have a responsibility to know the law.  You are carrying the lives of your fellow citizens under your shirt, and if you can't obey the laws concerning that, then you go to gaol.

I feel sorry for her, and doubtless this will aid the forward march of the national concealed carry reciprocity legislation, but she broke a clearly articulated law that is well known (& hated) outside of the People's Republic of New York.

Merry Christmaunakah & Happy New Year!

backbencher
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
We will continue to support Mrs. Graves in this case for she showed no "criminal intent" while acting as a good citizen, by trying to check her legally ILLEGALLY possessed firearm.The former Marine did the same in a similar case at the Empire State Building.  

NY does not honor TN permits.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:03:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We will continue to support Mrs. Graves in this case for she showed no "criminal intent" while acting as a good citizen, by trying to check her legally ILLEGALLY possessed firearm.The former Marine did the same in a similar case at the Empire State Building.  

NY doesn't honor anyones.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:25:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Believe me...I am quite familar with the laws of the state....

She was in transit and is legally allowed to possess in her home state.  She didn't understand that being "in transit" does not allow for sightseeing....as a law-abiding person, when she saw the signs for "No Guns" she immediately sought out law enforcement to be compliant within the laws of the city.

Never trust cops when it comes to guns.  Especially NYPD.  There's no such thing as an "oopsie" in that state.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
She was in transit and is legally allowed to possess in her home state.  She didn't understand that being "in transit" does not allow for sightseeing

.....So...you're saying she was carrying illegally.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yet. This needs to be fixed.

Dammit, I read the title as "wouldn't", not "shouldn't" and was expecting good news in this thread.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#9]
NVM, not GD
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wrong. She was arrested for not complying with an unconstitutional law.

I disagree, but since this is not GD, I will leave it at that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wrong. She was arrested for not complying with an unconstitutional law.

I disagree, but since this is not GD, I will leave it at that.

You're right. Well, at least about the not GD part.

Post will be edited.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top