Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2012 3:12:56 PM EDT
Just curious what anyone else knows of this, or what they think? I went onto www.weather.com a few minutes ago to check my local weather... there is a front page thing saying a massive solar flare happened recently and the EMP wave is hitting tomorrow. So, I started checking around.

www.solarflarewarning.com
www.weather.com
www.usatoday.com under the NEWS tab is an article

and other science geek type places are saying not YES FOR SURE, but a good possibility of GPS, Comms, & Power Grids going down and to be ready if you can "just in case".

But the local news just said something about it along the lines of "No biggie, just some radio and phone interference"  And all the mainstream liberal media NBC, ABC etc. etc. are saying "No biggie, just some radio and phone interference."

Now I have no clue about it, but my thought is that if science/weather geek types are saying "possibility of it" and mainstream media saying "no big deal" then it could be potentially serious. What do my fellow ARFCOM brothers and sisters think????
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Every time one of these are pointed out, nothing happens.
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Every time one of these are pointed out, nothing happens.

Awwww shit, now you did it.  You had to say that didn't you.
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Kinda what I thought but I have never seen or heard a warning about this before. Then when I check it out, some say yes, some say no. Just wanted to pick your brains to see what y'all thought
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 5:53:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I feel funny.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top