Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 9/6/2009 12:51:37 PM EDT
Go get one right now.  Works especially well if  you modify it slightly.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Go get one right now.  Works especially well if  you modify it slightly.

And......  

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag for when you explain the slight modification.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#3]
It works really well- it's two lint brushes on rollers that push fur inside.  But it fills up pretty quickly, so I made a little incision to turn it into a reusable "green" product.
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, I'm still clueless. Pics please.
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Slightly off topic but... I bought the Furminator three days ago and IT ROCKS!!!  I am truly stunned how much hair I am removing from my cat.  I always brushed him daily with his old brush and got a little out of his coat each day.  My first day with the Furminator, I removed a tumbleweed's worth of hair FAST.  Imagine the amount I would remove each day with my old brush, and multiply it by 10.  Seriously.  The next day I thought "well last night's session was superb so he probably does not have much to spare tonight."  Nope, another massive supply, as much as on the first night!  Tonight was my third night using the tool on him.  By now he utterly adores it.  I'm still removing gobs and gobs of hair, and his coat has never been sleeker or healthier!  This will definitely help my carpet fur problem and I would wager it is great tool for OP too.  I really cannot express how enthuasiastically I endorse this product for the sanity of any cat companion.  He's such a bundle of joy thanks to the Furminator!!

ETA spelling due to my unbridled enthusiasm for the Furminator!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#6]
You have my interest on the Pledge "Fabric Sweeper for Pet Hair", just need to know how to modify it. Pictures please.

RE The Furminator:
I just got one after a recommendation from Nico's (a GSD) groomer. She said they were expensive & she was right! $45+ for a dog brush!? So like any good person would do, I looked on e-Bay. Got one new in the package for $14 & some change delivered to my house. Much more reasonable than $45+.

She about flipped out when I told how much I paid, said even she could not get them for that cheap. So check out e-Bay if your in the market. They work great!
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 7:01:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I did the same mod but have no pics.  Just buy one and you'll see how the top and bottom are bonded together.  Use a knife to slice off the tabs that bond the two halves and you can empty the thing of hair and use it over and over.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#8]
They had a display set up at the home show in Tampa last week.  They handed out coupons for a discounted purchase and actually told my wife how to make the mod to empty them.  Sounds like we need to pick up a couple.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:00:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#10]
After using this a few times, I was ready to clean it out.  Instead of cuttin off the pins, I just spread the rollers apart and pulled out a big wad of hair.  Worked like a charm... it is just like new and ready for round 2.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top