Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/18/2009 9:17:54 AM EDT
You have to love bulldogs. I have two english bulldogs but i am too putertarded to post pics.

Lets see your enlgish bulldogs
english bull terriers
french bulldogs
neo mastiffs
english mastiffs
bordeux mastiffs
bull mastiffs

and the like.

Lets discuss also.
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Here is my son with his EM.

Link Posted: 2/18/2009 4:23:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome. Keep em coming.
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Only male dogs or what?
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Only male dogs or what?

WTF?

Link Posted: 2/18/2009 11:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Only male dogs or what?

I think he meant to hit the k but hit the L.
Im sure you can post your females if you want.
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 12:35:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only male dogs or what?

Make dogs? WTF?

Link Posted: 2/19/2009 12:41:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only male dogs or what?

Make dogs? WTF?

Read your thread title.
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 8:42:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only male dogs or what?

Make dogs? WTF?

Wow Im an idiot and this thread sucks balls.

Read your thread title.

Link Posted: 2/19/2009 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats. Because of your trolling you have killed this thread. The original poster should abandon ship and start clean
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Junior 30 pounds ago , Olde English Bulldogge

Angus, whom we will always miss

Link Posted: 2/20/2009 3:40:46 AM EDT
[#11]
English bulldogs are my favorite breed...I wish I had one.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 4:36:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I got two, heres a word for you, Never Never buy a dog that cant lick its own ass.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 8:19:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got two, heres a word for you, Never Never buy a dog that cant lick its own ass.

I have two also. They lick eachother.

But seriously we have baby wipes by the back door it takes two seconds. They actually take turns standing betweeen your legs so you can wipe thier asses.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have two also. They lick eachother.

But seriously we have baby wipes by the back door it takes two seconds. They actually take turns standing betweeen your legs so you can wipe thier asses.

I would rather clean its ass than it clean its own ass and lick me!  
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The only thing that sucks about them is the short life span , we got 9½ yrs out of Angus before congestive heart failure took him, but he did come in and wake us at 0330 to say good bye just before he laid down and puff  was gone
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only thing that sucks about them is the short life span , we got 9½ yrs out of Angus before congestive heart failure took him, but he did come in and wake us at 0330 to say good bye just before he laid down and puff  was gone

Most bull owners I have talked to have had dogs that lived to 11-13 years old. Some even 14. Mine are 5 and 2 and in realy good health so I dont have to worry just yet.
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 6:18:11 PM EDT
[#17]
awesome thread!
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I wasn't trying to be a jerk I just thought it might be some sort of male only type of deal. I've seen stranger things posted up on the site.

Anywho, Which of the aforementioned breeds would you guys consider the laziest?
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Since were doing holiday pictures here's mine.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#20]
The award for laziest hands down goes to the english bully.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

That's interesting. I've heard that they don't tolerate the heat and humidity to well. Is there any truth to that?

Link Posted: 2/22/2009 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I had always wanted an English Bulldog since i was knee high to a grass hopper
and when i graduated my Fire Dept. rookie school my wife supprised me with this little guy...

.... and 1 year later, Gus is 80 lbs. of pure dumbness (but he is great and i wouldn't trade him for anything )

here he is showing off with his older brother Jake (a mutt we rescued 3 years ago).

If you have ever wanted an English Bulldog get one, It will be one of  the best investments you will ever make... They may cost alot, but once you get one you wouldnt take a million bucks for it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 6:13:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's interesting. I've heard that they don't tolerate the heat and humidity to well. Is there any truth to that?

Very true. They do not like the heat or humidity. In the summer they only go outside if they are going to lay in the shade for a bit (under supervision) or swim in the pool(my female can swim like a retriever) Or swim in the river. With thier short coats the whiter dogs even need sun screen.

It is like having special needs children.

Usually we wait till the evenings to walk them in the summer, They love evening cookouts in the backyard.

ets can I email someone pics of y two bullies to post pics in here? I am so putertarded I cant even post pics in my own thread.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 7:39:59 AM EDT
[#24]
you can send em to me and i will post em for ya.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 8:32:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Talk about retarded the wife and I have two cases of baby wipes in our Preps. My Bulldog Rosanne Barr fell in the pool twice. The first time she sat on the bottom looking up at me. The second time she sinks to the bottom and takes off walking.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Mine loves to stand on the steps of the pool where the water is just up to his chin so he can stand there and drink water without bending over for hours.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Well I'm assuming Pit's are part of the Bulldog family you speak of. I've had a ton of 'em, all great, loyal dogs. I don't make mine mean.

Manson. He passed in 2004. We were buddies.

My fat-ass bitch I have now. Spoiled rotten ... Daisy Mae.

Manson's son and my current male, Bandit.

Love my dogs!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Talk about retarded the wife and I have two cases of baby wipes in our Preps. My Bulldog Rosanne Barr fell in the pool twice. The first time she sat on the bottom looking up at me. The second time she sinks to the bottom and takes off walking.

My female bulldog can swim like a labrador.

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My female bulldog can swim like a labrador.

My bitch can too! Now my male on the other hand, sinks like a rock.

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#30]
and heres VA_GUNZ's bullys....

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks fat guy.

Also I want you guys to know that I have lost 13 pounds since that pic in october and I have grown the mustache out so I dont look like a fat abe lincoln.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 7:31:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Well I'm assuming Pit's are part of the Bulldog family you speak of. I've had a ton of 'em, all great, loyal dogs. I don't make mine mean.

Manson. He passed in 2004. We were buddies.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/steve_moore/Family/IM002662.jpg

My fat-ass bitch I have now. Spoiled rotten ... Daisy Mae.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/steve_moore/Family/1_27_08057.jpg

Manson's son and my current male, Bandit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/steve_moore/Family/jammin027.jpg

Love my dogs!!!!!

Technically they are terriers not mastiffs but I still love em and they are welcome in this thread.

Great looking dogs.

I kinda want a blue pit.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 9:00:57 PM EDT
[#33]
cool videohttp://tinyurl.com/bw5vxd
http://au.truveo.com/Crazy-Maggie/id/1627938076
Always get a kick when people think Bulldogs aren't smart or trainable
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Great thread.
I have wanted an Old English Bulldog for many years.
I'm looking forward to the pics!
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 5:13:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Are french bulldog Hamilton back in november hes a lot bigger now they shure grow fast!!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/BryanC82/IMG_1431.jpg

this is around when we got him the first time he discovered a mirror!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McJuys_KWhQ
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Are french bulldog Hamilton back in november hes a lot bigger now they shure grow fast!!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/BryanC82/IMG_1431.jpg

this is around when we got him the first time he discovered a mirror!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McJuys_KWhQ

Awesome frenchy you have there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#37]
here's our nit wit bordeaux named Atlas

7 months old.  i'll try and put up some more pics later
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 9:26:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb34/rlarge10/IMG00020.jpg

Beautiful DDB! I've wanted one since having first been introduced to the breed after watching "Turner and Hooch" then researching what breed played the role. I actually know someone that has pups and I'm considering getting a female friend for my boy (APBT) Kahless pictured here
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beautiful DDB! I've wanted one since having first been introduced to the breed after watching "Turner and Hooch" then researching what breed played the role. I actually know someone that has pups and I'm considering getting a female friend for my boy (APBT) Kahless pictured here
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-3/1154790/Kahless2.jpg

your dog is sweet!  i actually wanted a red/rednose, but the wife wanted something bigger and more cuddly, so that's how we got stuck with Atlas
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 10:40:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

your dog is sweet!  i actually wanted a red/rednose, but the wife wanted something bigger and more cuddly, so that's how we got stuck with Atlas

Kahless is big and cuddly, trade?
jk of course.....I've always loved the mastiffs and mastiff "types", and the DDB is certainly at the top of my list, and your boy is exactly what I want, only the girl version..lol so Kahless can have a live in girlfriend.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 6:12:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

jk of course.....I've always loved the mastiffs and mastiff "types", and the DDB is certainly at the top of my list, and your boy is exactly what I want, only the girl version..lol so Kahless can have a live in girlfriend.

how much does he weigh? height?
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

how much does he weigh? height?

He weighs in at 82 as of last vet visit 2 weeks ago. He's hovered between 80-84 since we got him two years ago, and honestly never waivered. He stands approx. 19-22" at the shoulder.

Link Posted: 2/27/2009 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#43]
well he's awesome!
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Here's my Dogue De Bordeux, I use French Mastiff when people ask "Is that a pit bull?".  Just becuase they can understand what I'm saying and I don't have to repeat.  Her name is Harley.  She's 71lbs.  Lost 5 lbs since I started walking and jogging her about 1.5 to 1.75 miles a day.  Her muscles are starting to show through and she is looking leaner.  She's about 1 1/2 years now.

Here she is as a pup

A little older

Pretty recent pic, but she looks a little more stout now with more front shoulder and hind leg muscle showing through

I love these breeds of dog.  She is a total baby and is scary to grown men.  I was walking home and this huge guy who looked like a pro footbal player asked if she was a pit.  I stopped to talk.  He was afraid to touch her.  She was pulling to get to him, but only because she wanted to meet him.  It's good to know her look alone is intimidating.  And as she gets older she is starting to get more protective of the house and my wife.  And that is why I got her in the first place.  Perfect dog if you ask me.  But she is bull headed and we both need to take some obedience classes.

She's also smart as a whip.  Way smarter than my yorkie and wiener dog.  She understands some commands, hand signals, and key words.  Like "treat" "food" "crate time" "bed time" "potty" and of course "sit".  And for some reason she can see dogs when they are on TV.  I swear any time a dog is shown on TV she goes nuts.  Even before the dog barks or makes a sounds.  It can be just a picture and she can tell it's a dog.  I've never had a dog do this before.  Sure I've had them bark when they hear a dog on TV bark, but she actually sees what's on the TV.
Link Posted: 3/11/2009 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#45]
ok i dont have any pics of my puppy yet, other than what is on the breeders site, but it is of their daughter holding her, so i wont post that. but i have some pics of her mom and dad. she is an american bulldog.

her father  

mom and dad  

her great grandfather  

other great grandfather  

and yes when im able to pick her up in 2 weeks i will show pics of her asap.

i will post the link to their site, she is in the litter of loverboy and jenny. shes the only female
www.indianaamericanbulldogs.com
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#46]

Here's our English Bulldog, Tootsie. (The GF named her).

She's the coolest dog ever. She's a little over two years old, and about 55 lbs.

-Dan
Link Posted: 4/19/2009 8:38:37 PM EDT
[#47]
i promised i would update pics of my new puppy, ive been slacking, we got her march 19th and she was born on jan 30th. so here she is at about 6.5 weeks. oh and she is an American Bulldog.   i posted pics of her mom and dad a couple posts up

i will post new pics of her tomorrow. she has freakin GROWN!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 5:21:06 AM EDT
[#48]
We have always had Boxers, and still have one, but got our first French Bulldog about a year ago.........he is something else!  SPOILED ~ SPOILED ~ SPOILED............just the way we like em.  Oh, and gotta keep them baby wipes by the back door for sure.  We have always keep a stack of white hand towels at the back door for foot wiping and it did not take him long to learn that routine......come to back door, lift each foot as they are being wiped, no problem, but this butt wiping thang ~ that took some getting used to.....not for him......US  He's worth it though
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#49]
OK, the GF has finally given the go ahead to get a molosser of some type. We really want a Neapolitan Mastiff or an English Mastiff. Where would you guys suggest beginning the search? We are in E. central IL, and I've never seen anyone in the area who breeds the things.

ETA: We both want a puppy.
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
OK, the GF has finally given the go ahead to get a molosser of some type. We really want a Neapolitan Mastiff or an English Mastiff. Where would you guys suggest beginning the search? We are in E. central IL, and I've never seen anyone in the area who breeds the things.  

ETA: We both want a puppy.

if you are interested in mastiffs, you should check out the dogue de bordeaux.  there is a very reputable breeder right in your backyard. they are well known and respected in the breed.
northland bordeaux

they are a great breed and worth a look if you are in the market.  

p.s. there is a picture of our boy posted earlier in this thread.  the breeder we got him from(in central Iowa)just had another litter today.  pm me if you want more info.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top