Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 11/16/2012 5:40:09 PM EDT
I've been trying for a few days to adopt a new cat. I've emailed 8 different rescues about cats they had, only 2 have answered, and neither adoption would work. That's 6 different rescues, begging for someone to adopt cats, yet can't even reply to an email. When i did GSD rescue, we always emailed back within an hour or so.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#1]
better off going to a pound and getting a kitten/cat there.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
better off going to a pound and getting a kitten/cat there.

Been lied to too many times by them, and since my cat goes to work with me, i need input from the foster parents that a  pounddoesn't have.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't know what to tell you. The rescues around here (both cat and dog) are very protective of their charges and thorough in checking out perspective adopters...but they get back to people.
Maybe you need to try further out from you.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Just go to petco on the weekend.  There's always a rescue or another right there with crates of kitties you can check out and humans right there who can't effectively ignore you either.  

That's how we got our kitties.  Was pretty easy.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't know what to tell you. The rescues around here (both cat and dog) are very protective of their charges and thorough in checking out perspective adopters...but they get back to people.
Maybe you need to try further out from you.

Hell, i haven't tried any close to me
I'm looking at Bengals, Abys, and ocicats right now. I get that some won't do distance adoptions, but they should tell me that.  Hell even a "no" email would be better than nothing.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:58:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just go to petco on the weekend.  There's always a rescue or another right there with crates of kitties you can check out and humans right there who can't effectively ignore you either.  

That's how we got our kitties.  Was pretty easy.

Been there, done that. Living in a truck with just me for days, then going into a house with 5 other people, 3 other cats and a dog takes a very aloof cat. Shelters near me like to lie, so I've taken to trying to adopt from rescues instead, so i can see the cat in what it sees as home.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife and I just adopted a cat from a local animal shelter. We were very turned off by all of the requirements that many of the rescues have in order to adopt. I understand they are trying to prevent the animals they place from being abused/dumped/otherwise mistreated, but when you can just go down to the pound, pay your money, and walk out with a new pet, they aren't doing themselves many favors. One rescue had an EIGHT page application to adopt a pet.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:23:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My wife and I just adopted a cat from a local animal shelter. We were very turned off by all of the requirements that many of the rescues have in order to adopt. I understand they are trying to prevent the animals they place from being abused/dumped/otherwise mistreated, but when you can just go down to the pound, pay your money, and walk out with a new pet, they aren't doing themselves many favors. One rescue had an EIGHT page application to adopt a pet.  

I just got turned down for one because my wife and mother in law take our cats to the vet, i never have. Fucking retarded. I think I'm going to try to buy a retired breeder Bengal. They just want money, not pictures of me with every pet I've owned in the last ten years.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#9]
hell yes, a few years ago I was ling in the middle of a 1000 acre farm, and wanted to get a pyranness sheppard...

All the rescues would not even talk to you if you didnt have a fenced yard...

And these are breed specific groups, why would I want to keep a working livestock dog in a fenced yard
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
hell yes, a few years ago I was ling in the middle of a 1000 acre farm, and wanted to get a pyranness sheppard...

All the rescues would not even talk to you if you didnt have a fenced yard...

And these are breed specific groups, why would I want to keep a working livestock dog in a fenced yard

I do not have a fenced yard either. This has NEVER been an issue with any of the Dobermans I have raised here but I would still be 'disqualified' because of it...

I do not like the contracts that those groups tend to want you to sign either.

Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top