Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 2/15/2010 2:33:14 PM EDT
I wanted to see, hear, and talk everything lab.  
This is just a curiosity thing on how many people have pics, problems, and stories on arfcom that have labs.

When I say lab I mean purebreds please.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#1]
When I say lab I mean purebreds please.

Yeah, none of that talk about scientific research labs from you guys!

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The one in my avatar has died, but she was the best dog I've ever had. She was 5 years old when I got her and had settled down and wasn't destructive. She was extremely loyal and very obedient and I trusted her around anyone. Even the yard cats, who hated all other dogs that have ever been around here, had no problem with her. I haven't had it in me to get another dog yet, but the next one will definitely be a black lab.
Link Posted: 2/16/2010 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/16/2010 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#4]
So tell me what toys have you found that last the longest?
Link Posted: 2/16/2010 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/16/2010 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#6]
The Chocolate is my brother's.  The black bitch is mine.

And the gratuitous skydiving pic.....

Link Posted: 2/17/2010 3:57:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I have two Choc Labs. One is 2 he is a male and the other is a female and she is 17 months.
I wanted to see how many people of arfcom have purebred labs.
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 7:44:45 PM EDT
[#8]
This is our Black Lab, Shadow.  He is a purebreed, but we adopted him at 4 mo after his owner could not care for him and brought him to the shelter.  He is about 2 1/2 now, and not quite settled down just yet.  He is an amazing dog, despite his ridiculous amounts of energy.  We were very fortunate that he was never a destructive dog.  He took to chewing up carboard boxes and logs from the woodpile as a pup, and pretty much left everything else alone.

Don't let the pictures fool you... he is a complete ham for the camera.  He is as hyper as the day is long.  He gets us out of bed in the morning (usually by piling his 100lb ass on top of us!) and wants to go-go-go until we are ready for bed again.  His favorite toy is a Kong Frisbee that I will probably have to have shoulder replacement surgery from throwing so much!  We get that at PetCo (~$20) and one lasts about a year.  If we leave him alone with it, he will field strip it in about five minutes.  

Of course being a Lab, he's addicted to water as well, and is a fiend for our boat.  He is a great hunter, but gets under-utilized because I don't do much waterfowl hunting.  I take him rabbit hunting every day I can in the winter and he will retrieve those for me a well.  He won't work a field to save his life, but I never have to worry about him getting in front of a shot either.  

Labs are amazing dogs, but require alot of activity.  They need a task.  Whether that's to catch a frisbee or retrieve down game, they need something to keep them busy.  Ours is a big baby and has to share the couch with us, but he is as loyal as any animal I have ever seen.  He is amazin with children as well, and that's about the only time he pays any attention to his size.  He is going to be devastated when the new baby gets here this spring... cause he won't be the center of attention any longer!
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 1:36:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's Hank, still a puppy at 2 years old, after rearranging the fire pit.

Dozer is half lab, half golden retriever. His hair is long and fine like a golden, but his body and attitude are all lab.  He's almost 6 now, I got him as a rescue 4 years ago.

FYI, Hyperflite Jawz disks last longer and fly better than Kongs
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Labs are the best dogs.
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

And the gratuitous skydiving pic.....

http://martlet.ipower.com/pics/wingsuit.jpg

I see my house.

Link Posted: 2/20/2010 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 2/20/2010 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 2/21/2010 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I love when their bottom lip sticks out and it looks like they are pouting.
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#15]

I think my parents have that same chair
Link Posted: 2/25/2010 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Awwww man, I want a Lab. Been considering one in the spring, I just don't know if I'm ready!

Guy I duck hunt with some has a champion lab with a big block head. I like blocky labs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 4:07:22 AM EDT
[#17]
My lab is 95lbs of pure unadulterated dork........

He has never had a bad day and always wakes up in a great damned mood!

He is my first lab and won't be my last...they are amazing dogs.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#18]
My male has a big block head. Mine is going to have puppies you could get one from me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 6:50:37 PM EDT
[#19]

This is Sanar he is 2 years old, our male.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:19:28 AM EDT
[#20]
This is Abby. She's been a handful, but we wouldn't trade her for the world.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#21]
n/m
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#22]

Knuclehead ninja bro
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:11:50 AM EDT
[#23]
This was Chocolate Chip.

We had him 14 years.  We lost him two years ago.  Not a day goes by that I don't think of and miss him.  

Labs are absolutely the most loyal, loving dogs in the world.  But, they're also a stomach with lips.  Eat everything in sight if they could.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So tell me what toys have you found that last the longest?

A hubcap from a Buick

They are great dogs, mine has a deep bark that rattles the windows and shakes the walls, but he's a big puddy cat.
If they ever make a dog version of the movie, "Of  Mice and Mmen", he'd be perfect for the role of 'Lenny'.
But then I remember who has to go out to hussle up the grub, and who stays home all day
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#25]
A lab is a 10LB dog with a 40LB tail. Beware of table lamps and anything that can get swep off a dest or coffee table.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top