Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 9/16/2009 10:52:23 AM EDT
Hi everyone I wanted to take the time to tell you guys about a book I just finished. The name of the book is House to House by David Bellavia. This is about the battle of Fallujah.

I have read a few books on Iraq and Afghanistan and a few of them that are first person accounts. The one on Iraq was with an imbedded journalist called Generation Kill. I will talk about that one later.

The one about Afghanistan was called Kill Bin Laden. The book was good but to much still left classified to make a great read.

The book House to House is an awesome read. Its one I couldn’t put down and one that will not leave my book shelf unless I pick up and read again.

The action that is in this book is so vivid at times I felt like I was almost there. This has all the ups and downs of battle and war, from the loss of a friend to the feelings you have of killing your enemy.

The author also lets you in on his emotions from the battles to his home life. The part where he is talking to his five year old son about brought me to tears. That’s how much this book sucks you in and puts those emotions into you.

The author also talks about his time after being in the Military and how he feels guilt for leaving and that there is still a fight and he feels he should still be in it.

I can’t tell you in depth about this book without giving it away. There was times I was on the edge while reading and wanting to shout what to look for and help and then times I just wanted to shed a few tears.

This is a great book and one that everyone should read and should be put into the schools for required reading.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Agreed, this book was outstanding.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 6:28:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Loved it, and there's even a few lulz like the "adorable Hadji"
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top