Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 6/17/2009 6:07:00 PM EDT
Hey y'all,

I will be hosting a book signing for my action-adventure thriller Chaos and Rage this Friday, June 19th, at the Hastings in Conroe, TX.
(I-45 and Hwy 105)

(There's some funky construction so those coming in on North I-45 probably want to take Exit 88 and U-turn.)

I will be there from 5PM to at least 8PM. (At least.)

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m216/EvilFrankDude/ChaosAndRageCoverEloquent.jpg" target="_blank">http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m216/EvilFrankDude/ChaosAndRageCoverEloquent.jpg

For any of y'all going "What the [heck] is it all about?", here's the back cover blurb:
Our readers free-fall smack-dab in the middle of the fun, a whirling maelstrom of a building takedown where every calamity imaginable plummets down upon our characters with the force of gigantic cartoon anvils. Within the first three chapters our band of ten shooters and looters bulldoze their way inside the Compumercobrás facility, hammering down thunder on the entire security guard staff via fists, knives, grenades, and a trigger-happy outpouring of full-auto leadslinging. Through the course of all this chaos, we learn A.J. is a rampant psychopath twisting every last team member’s nerve endings, Victor is an edgy, clock watching disciplinarian; Akira the Grumbler is a spy for the very same Yakuza this crew is to sell their winnings to and, by the end of the third chapter, a spurting corpse; and the rest of the ten are just as eager to end the night on top, damn all who stand in their path.
The chaos unfolds fast and hard enough to bolt you back into your seat with SWAT-teams, rocket launchers, rampant use of high explosives and enough twists and turns to smack the reader with whiplash.

Kevan Gillies, who runs TEES-Brazil was kind enough to say this:
"Really enjoyed the read, congrats! Fast Paced, packed with high tech gear and high speed tactics, written for the operator!"

A SF-guy named David King (formerly of my old Reserve unit and a MTT team in Iraq) who is definitely cool about more weapons the better, graced me with this email:
"I took some time to start reading your manuscript, and it was difficult to put down. I figured I’d take a moment to ‘glance’ over it, but was still reading almost 45 minutes later — a long time for me to sit still."

Oh yes, and Hastings is insisting they put "18+ Only" stickers on the cover. Read a few pages and it'll be obvious why.

You can read Chapter 1 for FREE at:
http://www.chaosandrage.com/chapter1.html

Hope to see y'all there.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey how do us guys in Virginia get a copy and signed. I just read a few paragraphs and I like it. Congrats on getting it in print man
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top