Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 3/25/2014 3:05:40 PM EDT
Anyone read?  Any good?  I'm not really into zombie...  But I am into The Apocalypse.

Edit to add link:  This is the End
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, but for .99, I bought it...
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought it as well.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Bought it and a couple more of the box sets.  I got $20 bucks in Kindle credit for the class action lawsuit and it all went to the cheap stuff.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Couldn't pass that up for .99.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#5]
meh why not
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 1:15:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
meh why not
View Quote

Because it's like crack, man. You think, "It's only 99¢.What's the harm?"

Then, you try it. And you find this story that's just perfect! Character, plot, setting, action, everything!

So you Google. And that author has another book in the series. And you want MOAR!

So, you sidle up to your computer, wearing your trenchcoat & dark glasses, fedora pulled down low, and tape over the camera...and you buy the next one.

And then, you discover... This Is Goooood!

Next, you're emailing the author, begging for another hit. Short story, snippet, something!

Don't Do It! Resist! Stay strong, and stick with USA Today, or Rachel Ray Cooks. Don't get hooked! You don't know how bad it'll get.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 2:09:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow.  Those multiple book collections for .99 or $3 are great deals.    I picked up This is the End and a few others.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I went back and picked up a couple more of the box sets as well.  A couple of them have book #2 in them of a series, but book#1 is available free from the author.

This ought to keep me busy until summer.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Then, you try it. And you find this story that's just perfect! Character, plot, setting, action, everything!

So you Google. And that author has another book in the series. And you want MOAR!

So, you sidle up to your computer, wearing your trenchcoat & dark glasses, fedora pulled down low, and tape over the camera...and you buy the next one.

Next, you're emailing the author, begging for another hit. Short story, snippet, something!

Don't Do It! Resist! Stay strong, and stick with USA Today, or Rachel Ray Cooks. Don't get hooked! You don't know how bad it'll get.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
meh why not

+1 to that.  I've come to acceptance and embrace this.  I even started looking for the next books without even reading these yet to see if I like them.  My name is PzIVf2s and I have a problem.

Did the same thing with the Wool author.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#10]
One of the guys in that bunch is a friend of mine. Good guy. Good writer. Picked up the bundle because of him. Found a bunch of other great writers as well. Bought more of their books.

Exactly like they wanted me to.

Everybody wins. My wallet loses.

RC
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Between the box sets and the free ones, I've loaded up on 35 or so books for around $10.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Between the box sets and the free ones, I've loaded up on 35 or so books for around $10.
View Quote

Me too.  Unfortunately a bunch of em are series.  I'm gonna have to make a spreadsheet to keep up.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
meh why not

Just to follow up on this, I read the first story, stopped, bought the next books in that series, finished those, read the second book in the collection, stopped bought the rest of THAT series and read those, I'm just starting book 2 of the Diary of the Displaced.  

This $0.99 collection has cost me more than a buck....and I've already bought the second collection.

I like The Retreat...with the Klowns...I thought that was a pretty cool concept...
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:24:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just to follow up on this, I read the first story, stopped, bought the next books in that series, finished those, read the second book in the collection, stopped bought the rest of THAT series and read those, I'm just starting book 2 of the Diary of the Displaced.  

This $0.99 collection has cost me more than a buck....and I've already bought the second collection.

I like The Retreat...with the Klowns...I thought that was a pretty cool concept...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
meh why not

I should've read each series like you did.  Instead I jumped around in this box set
and mixed in a few free ones here and there and now I have about 10 series all
mixed up in my head.  I had to look back at The Retreat cause I couldn't remember
the Klowns.  I'll just consider this a lesson learned.  I have read the first 3 Slow
Burns and I'm anxious to get to the 2nd Affliction Z.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:55:44 PM EDT
[#15]
LOL, don't feel bad... I can't tell you how many of these stories I've read and gotten all mixed up.  Or you read all the published books that were out and then just forget to ever pick back up...

At least the Kindle keeps my place, so I can stop the big collection and read the other books and then come back to where I left off.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top