Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 2/7/2012 9:19:32 PM EDT
Picked up The Forever War on Kindle recently.

Struggling to get past the first 2 Chapters.

Does the plot ever move away from smoking weed all day and mediocre soldiering?
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty good read, haven't read it in about 20 years. Need to get it on my Nook. Just started "The Mote in God's Eye", another great read.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

One of my favorite sci-fi books.

BTW, I prefer it on audio.

Link Posted: 2/7/2012 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#3]
If you like science fiction, the book is very good.  It is a sort of counterpoint to Starship Troopers.

The sequel is inferior and derivative, with a bad ending.  Avoid that one, but keep reading the one you have started.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 9:49:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pretty good read, haven't read it in about 20 years. Need to get it on my Nook. Just started "The Mote in God's Eye", another great read.

Good stuff.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 5:11:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I have started it several times over the decades...I have never finished it, somewhere along the line I lose interest in the story and dont go back.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 6:19:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good stuff.

Yes it is, love reading it. "The Gripping Hand" was alright, and heard that his daughter wrote "Outies", don't know if I'll read that one.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes, in my opinion the only really good part in the beginning is their power suit training, and first encounter with the enemy. After that I feel like it isn't very good until he reenlists. Then it becomes excellent.

Link Posted: 2/12/2012 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Keep reading, it is well worth it.

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top