Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
REST IN PEACE (Page 2 of 208)
Page / 208
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:50:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Man, that's a really great story on your first deer hunt.

It already sounds like you've lived a fairly fulfilled life. I literally don't really know how I'd take it if I woke up tomorrow coughing up blood and bits of lung into the sink.

No first love, don't really see myself in that situation due to my personality and beliefs. I haven't been able to get out and hunt or hike much due to work and finances; and that is really my most favorite thing to do other than shoot. Your stories you've told are already striking a note in myself that I really don't know much about life right now. That I really don't have too many experiences.

45 is still to young though, especially with an 8 year old son. I don't particularly like the idea of kids either; but, I do understand that those who have them hold them more precious than anything. I really pray that you make it out of this man. If you do, it'd be nice to go shooting, maybe have an ARFCOM get together to celebrate.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:52:11 AM EDT
[#2]
My dear friend. I am praying for you starting today and from now on. The most important thing you can do right now is to make sure that either in life or death, that you have given your life to our Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ, who wants nothing more than to have you secure on His arms, in this life and the next. Look in the Gideon Bible in your room and look at John 14:6. And John 3:16, 17, 18.       I do not want you to die yet, but if your body is due to expire, you and your family will live forever if you all give your lives to Jesus. there are few better things for men to know in your case then knowing that a man will spend the rest of his life, thousands upon thousands upon millions of years with his family in heaven.Trust that Jesus will keep His Word to you and have a place for you beyond what your mind can imagine.   I would share this with you if you were on your deathbed or at the hunting camp in good spirits and in good health. I would be happy to have a phone conversation with you and spend as much time as I can with you over the phone please private message me your phone number or cell phone number and I would very much like to visit with you over the phone. I am thinking about you and praying for you my dear friend and im praying that God will hold you and your family in His hands forever.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:53:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn, that deer sounds nice! I never shot one. Never had time back home in TX. and it's almost impossible over here.

Cool looking son, he looks like you in that Army pic!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:54:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Fatalwishes:

Favorite rifle

Marlin 1894 in .44 mag

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sjuhockey10:
Favorite rifle, pistol, and handgun you've owned?

Favorite rifle

Marlin 1894 in .44 mag

excellent choice.

ever hog hunt out there?

Godspeed, Jeff
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:54:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Hold hard buddy.  You are in my thoughts.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:56:34 AM EDT
[#6]
very sorry to hear this.

but all hope is not lost.

Many people who have near death experiences come back saying they no longer fear death. So, you will be going to a much much better place free of pain and suffering. Perhaps that will give you some comfort.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:58:33 AM EDT
[#7]
OP, I'm very sad to read this. My prayers for you and your family.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:00:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Prayers  for you and your family
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:00:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Man, what to say? I'm sure you've heard it all by now, but I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:01:22 AM EDT
[#10]
OP, hang in there as best you can, and you will be in every prayer I say until you recover, as will your family.

I haven't read the whole thread, but if nobody else has mentioned it, maybe we could find a way to get a bone marrow drive started from the members here to try and find a match if you don't have one in your family.

I know nothing about the process or anything, but someone here likely is a match, and there are some great people here.

OP, I don't know if you're a praying man, but I'm going to go ahead and make a suggestion. There is a thread asking for prayers, and it really helps lots of times. There is power in numbers.

And for just this moment, I want anyone who does pray to join me right now. Just read over this and believe it.

Dear Lord, we come together in Your Holy name, seeking Your power, Your grace, and Your mercy, for the healing of FatalWishes. We believe, and we know, that You created us, and that You know how our bodies and minds work. We know that due to that, You are the Great Physician, and we believe that You are still capable of miracles. We ask that You heal FatalWishes, either by Your touch, or by guiding the hands and minds of the doctors who's care he is under. We pray that You give him the strength and the will to fight this fight Lord. We ask that You also give strength to his family and his friends.

Father, we ask this of You in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

Amen.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:01:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I prayed for you, be strong friend, a lot of sheer determination and prayer can help.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:01:43 AM EDT
[#12]
OP, I dont know what to say. I hope you get better. if I was in Texas id stop by and see you.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:02:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ak4784:
My thoughts are with you.

Do you have a medical fund set up or anything like that to help you and your family?
View Quote

No....my work has been generous so far in helping with deducitbles for this year.

I'm on long term disability and only bringing home 60% of my pay but we are ok for now.

I sold my truck....so no payment there....or insurance......we have no credit card debt.

We are ok. I don't want to ask for money until we truly need it. We are surviving for now.

I really appreciate the thought though.

We met our 15k deductible last year and have another one coming up on November 1.

We will need help meeting that but I'm not sure just how much. We have a 7500 out of pocket and 7500 deductible to meet.

Not sure how generous work will be this year.......I may need to set something up.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:03:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By pavlovwolf:
OP, hang in there as best you can, and you will be in every prayer I say until you recover, as will your family.

I haven't read the whole thread, but if nobody else has mentioned it, maybe we could find a way to get a bone marrow drive started from the members here to try and find a match if you don't have one in your family.

I know nothing about the process or anything, but someone here likely is a match, and there are some great people here.

OP, I don't know if you're a praying man, but I'm going to go ahead and make a suggestion. There is a thread asking for prayers, and it really helps lots of times. There is power in numbers.

And for just this moment, I want anyone who does pray to join me right now. Just read over this and believe it.

Dear Lord, we come together in Your Holy name, seeking Your power, Your grace, and Your mercy, for the healing of FatalWishes. We believe, and we know, that You created us, and that You know how our bodies and minds work. We know that due to that, You are the Great Physician, and we believe that You are still capable of miracles. We ask that You heal FatalWishes, either by Your touch, or by guiding the hands and minds of the doctors who's care he is under. We pray that You give him the strength and the will to fight this fight Lord. We ask that You also give strength to his family and his friends.

Amen.
View Quote

Amen
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:04:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Hang in there,
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:05:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By pavlovwolf:

Amen.

View Quote

Amen

Name is Jeffry Reed

I've nothing to hide anymore.

And you can be tested here.

Bethematch.org

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:07:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Prayers sent
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:07:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SkeeterTZX:

excellent choice.

ever hog hunt out there?

Godspeed, Jeff
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SkeeterTZX:
Originally Posted By sjuhockey10:
Favorite rifle, pistol, and handgun you've owned?

Favorite rifle

Marlin 1894 in .44 mag

excellent choice.

ever hog hunt out there?

Godspeed, Jeff

Yes....lots of Hogs in East Texas.

I did let one go one day. I had my .30-30 lined up on his ass and he was stuck in the mud. I didn't fire.

I thought.....that would suck. I can't run......I'm stuck in the mud and I'm about to get shot.

I let it go. He got unstuck and ran off after a while. I smiled. I can't kill something that can't get away. It's wasn't fair.

I shot a lot of his buddies though.........we had ham for dinner.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:10:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By B2k4E:

It already sounds like you've lived a fairly fulfilled life. I literally don't really know how I'd take it if I woke up tomorrow coughing up blood and bits of lung into the sink.

No first love, don't really see myself in that situation due to my personality and beliefs. I haven't been able to get out and hunt or hike much due to work and finances; and that is really my most favorite thing to do other than shoot. Your stories you've told are already striking a note in myself that I really don't know much about life right now. That I really don't have too many experiences.

45 is still to young though, especially with an 8 year old son. I don't particularly like the idea of kids either; but, I do understand that those who have them hold them more precious than anything. I really pray that you make it out of this man. If you do, it'd be nice to go shooting, maybe have an ARFCOM get together to celebrate.

View Quote

I'd like that.

i love to shoot. I'd provide the bullets. I reload and can make them for about 12 cents a round. No shit.

I have several cans of .556 ready to fire.........

Dad just needs to get better.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:11:42 AM EDT
[#20]
So sorry to hear this man, life is truly not fair, prayers sent .
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:11:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Jeff, I'm not good at praying but you will be in my thoughts and prayers. We are about the same age. I'm also an Army veteran. What unit/s did you serve with?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:13:16 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't know if this will help at all but maybe..

I was in a very serious car wreck a few years ago. In short I took a 2/3 full, 13 pound ammo can to the back of the head at 55 mph.
I woke up a few minutes later and was alert enough to determine the extent of my injury and that I was most likely dying with a cracked open skull and massive bleeding. As I was loosing consciousness again I was 100% sure I was dying. I have two small kids and a wife I can't stand the thought of leaving. I always feared the thought.

Those last few minutes before I went out I was certain were my last few on earth was amazingly peaceful and I don't remember any fear. I was 100% ok with what I thought was happening. I came very close to not making it and ended up with 23 staples holding my skull back together.  

Not sure if that's helpful at all, but I hope that if it comes to that it will be as peaceful as it was for me.  It was a very strong feeling that what was happening was ok and everything would work out.

I'm glad I can remember it. It seriously changed my life.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:13:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AKFF:
I hold a lot of hands in the back of the ambulance that are in similar situations as you.  I'm an empathetic individual and tend to put myself in others shoes.  I have a 5 y/o boy.  I think I would write him a letter explaining what kind of man I see him growing into.  The kind of thing he can read in his teens and feel inspired and then read again in his 20s and feel proud.
View Quote

I like this idea...say (write) some of those things you always meant to say but couldn't/didn't.

Like the Techumseh poem at the end of Act of Valor.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:14:16 AM EDT
[#24]
I wish I was closer OP I would come abduct you from the hospital and we would go shoot
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:15:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By mike-munich:
Sitting here for the last 10 minutes not knowing what to type. I'm just sad.

I'm over here in Europe, 6000 miles away, 10.20am, at work.

I'd like to hear about you Brother.
View Quote

Same here (Afghanistan).

I see and hear crappy stuff every day...and I don't know what to say.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:16:51 AM EDT
[#26]
God bless you brother.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:17:33 AM EDT
[#27]
I was asleep and just woke up from a bad dream.  I grabbed my phone to check out ARFCOM and saw your thread.  I felt compelled to post something, but I'm at a loss for words. I just hope God hears all of our prayers and that you begin to heal. Godspeed, brother.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:17:45 AM EDT
[#28]

No....my work has been generous so far in helping with deducitbles for this year.

I'm on long term disability and only bringing home 60% of my pay but we are ok for now.

I sold my truck....so no payment there....or insurance......we have no credit card debt.

We are ok. I don't want to ask for money until we truly need it. We are surviving for now.

We met our 15k deductible last year and have another one coming up on November 1.

We will need help meeting that but I'm not sure just how much. We have a 7500 out of pocket and 7500 deductible to meet.

Not sure how generous work will be this year.......I may need to set something up.
View All Quotes

Do you have a medical fund set up or anything like that to help you and your family?

You get something set up. Ok? And please IM me/us with the details. ARFCOM can be really stupid about allowing people to post up charity/donor types of things in the forums....maybe you can talk to Goat Boy or Aimless and see if they will allow you to post a link to yours when you get it set up. But either way IM me the link, I will spread it around to good people.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:18:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Prayers sent brother, fellow vet here as well.

Tell me a funny story from the military.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:18:11 AM EDT
[#30]
prayers to you and your family
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:18:40 AM EDT
[#31]
I've lost family to cancer. God and I don't see eye to eye on many things, but I'll pray for you and your family.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:18:47 AM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
I like this idea...say (write) some of those things you always meant to say but couldn't/didn't.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

Originally Posted By AKFF:

I hold a lot of hands in the back of the ambulance that are in similar situations as you.  I'm an empathetic individual and tend to put myself in others shoes.  I have a 5 y/o boy.  I think I would write him a letter explaining what kind of man I see him growing into.  The kind of thing he can read in his teens and feel inspired and then read again in his 20s and feel proud.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:20:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By NwG:
I don't know if this will help at all but maybe..

I was in a very serious car wreck a few years ago. In short I took a 2/3 full, 13 pound ammo can to the back of the head at 55 mph.
I woke up a few minutes later and was alert enough to determine the extent of my injury and that I was most likely dying with a cracked open skull and massive bleeding. As I was loosing consciousness again I was 100% sure I was dying. I have two small kids and a wife I can't stand the thought of leaving. I always feared the thought.

Those last few minutes before I went out I was certain were my last few on earth was amazingly peaceful and I don't remember any fear. I was 100% ok with what I thought was happening. I came very close to not making it and ended up with 23 staples holding my skull back together.  

Not sure if that's helpful at all, but I hope that if it comes to that it will be as peaceful as it was for me.  It was a very strong feeling that what was happening was ok and everything would work out.

I'm glad I can remember it. It seriously changed my life.
View Quote

I think my final minutes will be o.k. I've had a good life. I think It will be peaceful. I worry about my family though. I need 8 more years to pay off the house.......just 8 years.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:20:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Wow.

I honestly don't know what to say, Jeffrey.

Godspeed, and best of luck.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:21:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Prayers sent

Do any coyote or jack rabbit hunting?   Varmint hunting?   Night hunting?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:22:31 AM EDT
[#36]

You get something set up. Ok? And please IM me/us with the details. ARFCOM can be really stupid about allowing people to post up charity/donor types of things in the forums....maybe you can talk to Goat Boy or Aimless and see if they will allow you to post a link to yours when you get it set up. But either way IM me the link, I will spread it around to good people.
View All Quotes

I'm not really sure how to set a link up to be honest with you.

Point me in the right direction?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:22:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:23:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Prayer sent for you and your family brother.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:24:13 AM EDT
[#39]

I'd like that.

i love to shoot. I'd provide the bullets. I reload and can make them for about 12 cents a round. No shit.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By B2k4E:

I'd like that.

I'll try and scrounge up some ammo too. I already need to start buying in bulk instead of the whole pick up a couple boxes every week. I just end up shooting them.

Seriously though, don't believe that you're going to die. I have found out that many problems in life can be accomplished just by believing it and applying effort. Mind over matter. If you believe you're going to die, you will. Believe that you're going to make it out of this.

I'm in Amarillo right now for school and work. I'll try and see if I can come up that way the week after this. My folks want me to come visit them this weekend, and I've got to borrow my pop's shop for a few preventative maintenance tasks on my suburban. I'll try and see if I can make it that way the following weekend. Hopefully Google Maps GPS can get me around Dallas, because I have no idea how to get around there.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:24:14 AM EDT
[#40]

I'm Apos

you can go to this link on my blog to donate bone marrow

It may save my life or somebody elses

My Blog

Or just go to Be the match.org
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GSL:
Originally Posted By Fatalwishes:If it does shrink the tumor, then I have to have a bone marrow transfusion immediately to help fight the cancer. There will be a small window of opportunity and we have to find a donor match.
What kind of match/blood type?

Tagged, I will donate if I can.

I'm Apos

My Blog

Fuggles, I'm B pos...fuck

I will put the word out to some of my old troops living in Texas.

Stay strong.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:24:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Prayers sent.

I am in the data base for bone marrow transplants, hope I get to help an Arfcommer . God speed your recovery.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:24:49 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Maybe just even just Paypal and if someone had the email address in PM they could provided it to whoever would like to help
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:24:54 AM EDT
[#43]

Stay strong.

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Fatalwishes:If it does shrink the tumor, then I have to have a bone marrow transfusion immediately to help fight the cancer. There will be a small window of opportunity and we have to find a donor match.

What kind of match/blood type?

Tagged, I will donate if I can.

I'm Apos

My Blog

Stay strong.

Donate anyhow

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:27:32 AM EDT
[#44]
I honestly have no idea either, I would do some googling lol. I have seen lots of people actually set up a Facebook page for things like this and just used a paypal account, however you should seek professional advice from a lawyer/banker/accountant first, there are probably rules and tax crap to consider.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:27:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By littlebeavis:
Prayers sent

View Quote

Yes, I've shot a lot of rabbits at night.

Hell I've shot a lot of rabbits period. Especially in Colorado........jack rabbits. I miss shooting my first rifle. I a little savage .22

You had to pull the bolt on the back...that thing was hard. I have not shot that thing in years....always carry my 10/22 now.

Hrmm......wow......I killed a rabbit with a bb gun at Fort Hood as well. Shot it in the side and it just fell over dead.  Talk about surprised.....
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:28:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Rogmatt:
My dear friend. I am praying for you starting today and from now on. The most important thing you can do right now is to make sure that either in life or death, that you have given your life to our Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ, who wants nothing more than to have you secure on His arms, in this life and the next. Look in the Gideon Bible in your room and look at John 14:6. And John 3:16, 17, 18.       I do not want you to die yet, but if your body is due to expire, you and your family will live forever if you all give your lives to Jesus. there are few better things for men to know in your case then knowing that a man will spend the rest of his life, thousands upon thousands upon millions of years with his family in heaven.Trust that Jesus will keep His Word to you and have a place for you beyond what your mind can imagine.   I would share this with you if you were on your deathbed or at the hunting camp in good spirits and in good health. I would be happy to have a phone conversation with you and spend as much time as I can with you over the phone please private message me your phone number or cell phone number and I would very much like to visit with you over the phone. I am thinking about you and praying for you my dear friend and im praying that God will hold you and your family in His hands forever.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:28:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Damn man, sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:28:39 AM EDT
[#48]

Hell I've shot a lot of rabbits period. Especially in Colorado........jack rabbits. I miss shooting my first rifle. I a little savage .22

You had to pull the bolt on the back...that thing was hard. I have not shot that thing in years....always carry my 10/22 now.

Hrmm......wow......I killed a rabbit with a bb gun at Fort Hood as well. Shot it in the side and it just fell over dead.  Talk about surprised.....
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By littlebeavis:

Prayers sent

Rabbit is some good eating

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:29:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By gixxer603:

Maybe just even just Paypal and if someone had the email address in PM they could provided it to whoever would like to help
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gixxer603:

I have a paypal address....

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:30:16 AM EDT
[#50]
I lost it when i saw the picture of your boy.

May the Lord carry you through you this. Prayers for you and your family.
Page / 208
REST IN PEACE (Page 2 of 208)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top