Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2009 3:13:42 PM EDT
Suck.  There was a new pack with that D-28 I bought and I broke a string last night.  I put them on thinking maybe they had changed since I tried them when they first came out.  Nope.

Can't wait until the EJ16 Fairy graces me with my 10 pack.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#1]
That stinks, I've been using them for a couple of years now favorably. I get the Poly in 12's.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe its just a Martin thing.  I remember the coating being a LOT thicker on them when they first came out, so they have improved them somewhat.  We put that first set on Dad's D-35 back then and they sounded dead, like a set of strings thats been on for FAR too long.  Bluegrass guys would probably like them, the lower strings are dead like Daddario 19's.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't cotten to 'em.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Do they still get fuzzy when they get a little old? I remember getting a couple sets from their free trials when they first came out. Decent strings, and lasted quite a while, but the coating never seemed to do much for me.

These days it's half-rounds/ground-wounds/brite-flats/whatever you call them for me.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:10:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Maybe its just a Martin thing.  I remember the coating being a LOT thicker on them when they first came out, so they have improved them somewhat.  We put that first set on Dad's D-35 back then and they sounded dead, like a set of strings thats been on for FAR too long.  Bluegrass guys would probably like them, the lower strings are dead like Daddario 19's.

The original poly is the thicker coating, the nano is the new thinner coating. You may have had the nano this time.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:24:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do they still get fuzzy when they get a little old? I remember getting a couple sets from their free trials when they first came out. Decent strings, and lasted quite a while, but the coating never seemed to do much for me.

These days it's half-rounds/ground-wounds/brite-flats/whatever you call them for me.

Yes, they do. But by that time it's time for a change anyway.

I like the coating for the comfort and quiet when playing acoustic. (sliding up or down the neck is much quieter with the coating) I don't use them on my electrics.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:30:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I like these a lot.  If I would change my strings on a more regular basis I might like something else, but nothing holds up like these.  I think they sound fine.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Pretty hard to beat D'Adarios
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top