Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2008 4:31:56 PM EDT
Went OK.  Thing is, since I'm already pretty snappy with the open chords, non-barred minors and strumming, she wants to go and teach me all sorts of shit I don't want to learn, but know I must.  Like, barred chords, scales and the mystical "circle of fifths".  She hit me with that dmaned circle of fifths right-a-damned-way!  We will see, we will see.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I'm getting ready to start myself. Local shop charges $15 per half hour and I figure it's worth it to make sure I'm headed in the right direction.
How were you learning before? I've been using a combination of things, books and online but I figure the live approach will help me out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think I'm getting ready to start myself. Local shop charges $15 per half hour and I figure it's worth it to make sure I'm headed in the right direction.
How were you learning before? I've been using a combination of things, books and online but I figure the live approach will help me out.

I have been using chord cards, really that's about it.  Learn some chords, learn how to put 'em together, find asong you like with the chord progression over the lyrics, and play it.  Total fraud, yes.  But I'm doing it well.  I also have an ear for it, and after learning the majors, have easily fallen into the minors as well as non-chord "dissonent" chords.  It had come naturally, but I'm at the end of "natura;", and am now knocking on the door of "teach me".

I also like to drink beer while I play, I believe this can only improve things.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I also like to drink beer while I play, I believe this can only improve things.

Got that part down pat and I do believe it is true.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top