Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2008 2:39:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I love Rammstein; listening to their Sehnsucht CD every time I go to work. Burning the rest of their stuff right now.

Link Posted: 1/19/2008 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Rammstein's good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Rammstein's music has dominated my household for years (much to everyone's dismay).

I'd only suggest checking out 'Laibach.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I listen to Rammstein alot, havent listened to the others yet

Im hooking upo the headset now
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn, I've been missing out. I gotta get a hold of some Oomph! and Eisbrecher. The only Neue Deutsche Härte I've been listening to so far is Rammstein.

Here's some other German music, but not really NDH/Tanz-Metall.

Seeed - Ding

Seeed is a German Dancehall/Reggae band, which is kind of unusual, but they're pretty good. In spite of this video, I don't think they're furries. Partly in English.

Die Toten Hosen - Hier Kommt Alex

This is really the only song of Die Toten Hosen's I've heard that I like. Their other stuff seems really soft and poppy. Maybe I'm just hearing their newer work and their older stuff was more like this.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:03:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Can't believe you forgot this one;

Oomph! - Augen Auf
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 10:36:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Die Toten Hosen - Hier Kommt Alex

This is really the only song of Die Toten Hosen's I've heard that I like. Their other stuff seems really soft and poppy. Maybe I'm just hearing their newer work and their older stuff was more like this.

I've SEEN Die Toten Hosen! Is Norbert Haehnel still with them? I saw them on the Unter Falscher Flagge tour in 1985 or so in Freiburg. Lots of fun- Unlike most acts from there, who are bierernst (deadly serious), this was a German rock band that laughed, took nothing seriously, and actually had a good time on stage, They rocked pretty hard back then. They were always in the paper for some sort of prank. They later descended into a pop novelty act, but sold a LOT of records in the German speaking parts of the world- and they're still at it, I guess.

YouTube: Die Toten Hosen- Unter Falscher Flagge
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 1:54:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I was a Rammstein die hard for a long time, were my favorite band at one point a few years ago but like all modern music, it gets very repetitive and boring especially without guitar solos.

Still a decent band, but I don't listen to them any more.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I remember watching Die Prinzen back in freshman year of highschool in German class.  Our teacher thought that we liked it because of the things that we said about it.  She didn't understand sarcasm.

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8406713639310156976&q=Die+Prinzen&total=503&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6966837496379949100&q=Die+Prinzen&total=503&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

youtube.com/watch?v=i5Ackbtn5bU

Link Posted: 1/20/2008 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I remember watching Die Prinzen back in freshman year of highschool in German class.  Our teacher thought that we liked it because of the things that we said about it.  She didn't understand sarcasm.

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8406713639310156976&q=Die+Prinzen&total=503&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6966837496379949100&q=Die+Prinzen&total=503&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

youtube.com/watch?v=i5Ackbtn5bU

I used to be a German teacher. There was a big movement among German teachers in the 1990s to introduce Deutschrock in the classroom, a move which I strongly rejected, since it was in effect an adult introducing rock music to kids, a sure way to make the music "unhip".

Especially if the music outright sucked, as these guys do.

And of course, once the lyrics from groups such as Rammstein got around, translated, then language depts. put the kibosh on that one, since the content was, well....controversial and not age-appropriate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top