[#4]
Nice collection!
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 7:13:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
V2 is not represented

View Quote

I was playing V's when the V2's came out.  Still remember saying ..."WTF?"  Loved the V2 bodies....despised the pickups.  

Sorry for hogging them all guys.....the korina one was a rescue......for $225.  Just an Epiphone...Threw in an old set of Duncans into her.....as well as a fret job...she screams now.

The Gibson Grace Potter V was a bitch to find.  Killer tones out of her.

Sweetest sounding one is the half black / white with the reversed pickguard.  that guitar has waaaaaaaaaaay too many gigs on her.  Pickups are stock ...and sound the best of all the pickups I have used...including Duncans, Bare Knuckles, etc.  

the yellow one started out pure white......tons of gigs....now she has laquer cracks galore.....and the faded finish on her that was earned.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 7:35:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Way too cool.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Makes my V pile very very small in comparison.

I've got an 05' Faded that someone scalloped the board on... bought it for a song and I'm enjoying the scalloped fretboard as a novelty.
Also recently got a 2016 V with a 20% off coupon...

I'm quite enjoying the V's recently.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#8]
how do you like the 2016 model???  

the faded ones are way underrated.  I have found a few that for some reason of another escaped my grasp.  I have been playing V's since the mid 70's....  I have PRS's and a Les Paul..but the V are the ones that stay out and are played.  

Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
how do you like the 2016 model???  

the faded ones are way underrated.  I have found a few that for some reason of another escaped my grasp.  I have been playing V's since the mid 70's....  I have PRS's and a Les Paul..but the V are the ones that stay out and are played.  

View Quote

In all honesty, the 2016 is pretty solid.  I was really sold by the bound neck / body and the lower price.
The body is slightly smaller in size than the older models, not crazy small and certainly not enough to cause any neck dive though.

I didn't realize it had push/pull pots to split the coils until about a week after i had it...  I toyed with em for about twenty minutes and pushed em back in.  Pretty much worthless for my uses.

The neck on the 16 is about the slimmest / smallest neck I've run across on a Gibson... it's like a 60's slim taper with a flattened D type profile.  I tend to like 59'ish logs, but the slim neck plays very well for me.

About the only way I could like my 16' V more would be if they had done trapezoid inlays like my SG's and LP's.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:46:19 PM EDT
[#10]
On the upside..
I have a V2 I bought new in 80.. the pickups are essentially single coil..

Still sounds good to me and rare as hen's teef!!!

ETA: Walnut over maple, serial# xxxxxxx001...

heh first one off the Kalamazoo production line..
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 10:03:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea, that. ^
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
On the upside..

View Quote

You should obviously route that for a floyd, put a locking nut on it, route the body for three humbuckers (by hand, with a chisel) and then krylon-refin it.  The only thing to be done.

Seriously though.... that's pretty badass right there.  Pics?
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:17:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You should obviously route that for a floyd, put a locking nut on it, route the body for three humbuckers (by hand, with a chisel) and then krylon-refin it.  The only thing to be done.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On the upside..

what about various decals for it?  ;)

post a pic of that V!
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:07:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Very cool v2!
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I know Gibson catches hell for the V2 and other guitars of that era... but that V2 is SWEET!  
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#18]

That guitar is Tits McGee!
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Always been my favorite guitar.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Really...that is sweet.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:24:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanx all for your appreciation..
I have another ONE, that will be worthy of it's own thread.
Will dig it out and post pix

I'll get the $87 bass up too..
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 3:53:43 PM EDT
[#23]

I think that's going to be my next guitar, I have a guitar in almost every shape but that.

I doubt it'll be a Gibson though, maybe an King V or an Epiphone Korina V that I see on craigslist occasionally.

Nice collection, BTW!

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I think that's going to be my next guitar, I have a guitar in almost every shape but that.

I doubt it'll be a Gibson though, maybe an King V or an Epiphone Korina V that I see on craigslist occasionally.

Nice collection, BTW!

View Quote

King Vs are the shit.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#25]

I have never seen one of these guitars, that is incredibly unique and I probably would never gig with it. Very nice!

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:21:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Noice!  Bought my first - a mid 90's Epi V last summer. Changed the nut and put in some SD pickups and it's a pretty sweet guitar now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top