Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2012 7:30:54 PM EDT
Let's see if I can stump the hive with this one....

I bought an Alesis QS8-1 keyboard for my daughter.  Problem: somehow it got tuned a 4th LOW.  So middle C on the keyboard is actually F below middle C in concert pitch.  

How the heck do I get it back to standard pitch?  The manual is either incomprehensible, or there's some context I'm not getting.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Is doing a factory reset an option?  It will return the unit's firmware to factory status.  You'll lose any customizations/settings:

http://media.musicalplanet.com/pdf/ALE047.PDF

2nd page in the PDF
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Definitely an option.  Any others from the hive?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I've played one but it was years ago. Does it have a transpose button somewhere? It could have possibly been hit along with a key being pressed by accident. I did it on one of my Rolands once and it changed key and pitch without  me knowing.. Not sure how it works on the Alesis.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Arfcom scores again!  The reset thing worked.  You guys made a young teen girl very happy.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Arfcom scores again!  The reset thing worked.  You guys made a young teen girl very happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top