Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2011 11:12:03 AM EDT
Meet Franken Fender

Dane neck

Schaller locking tuners

Lace Sensor Hot Gold electronics, Hot Gold humbucker

The neck is thinner than standard and it feels much better than what I've got now.

The body is hardwood. It was originally a blonde finish, but was painted black. Paint job was professional, no runs or screw-ups.

I need a nice Frankenstein decal for the body.

Link Posted: 12/1/2011 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice...I like...
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice.

I assume the body is Alder?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 2:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Beautiful! I'd love to try some of the Hot Golds.
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice!!
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 4:32:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nice.

I can't tell. I opened the back to see what the body was. It's solid wood, so it's not a Sqiuer body. The machining is a bit sloppy in the pocket for the output jack, so probably not Japanese and probably not an older US body. I think the early 1980s CBS builds were known for sloppiness, so that could be it. Also the builder went high end on everything else, so I think he wouldn't use a Mexican body.

The finish is worn slightly were the back rubbed on the edge of the bridge pocket. It's blonde wood, finished matte, but only a small area was visible.
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Beautiful! I'd love to try some of the Hot Golds.

They're worth what they charge for them.
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nice!!

Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#8]
how does she sound?
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
how does she sound?

Crystal clear and no funny noises.
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nice...I like...

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 6:26:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice.

I can't tell. I opened the back to see what the body was. It's solid wood, so it's not a Sqiuer body. The machining is a bit sloppy in the pocket for the output jack, so probably not Japanese and probably not an older US body. I think the early 1980s CBS builds were known for sloppiness, so that could be it. Also the builder went high end on everything else, so I think he wouldn't use a Mexican body.

The finish is worn slightly were the back rubbed on the edge of the bridge pocket. It's blonde wood, finished matte, but only a small area was visible.

I usually go to Warmoth.com & look at the pics of different woods they have to make a best guess. If it has an overall balanced tone with airy highs, it's probably Alder. But if it's naturally twangy or sounds kinda like a piano, then it might be Ash.

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 10:12:29 AM EDT
[#12]
It has a very rich tone, though I don't know how much of that is due to the pickups. There's only a small piece of the wood surface exposed, maybe 1/4" by 1". I can't tell by the grain inside the body.

But it has a great sustain. I mean, you could just hold it.  You could go and have a bite and you'd still be hearin' that one.
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It has a very rich tone, though I don't know how much of that is due to the pickups. There's only a small piece of the wood surface exposed, maybe 1/4" by 1". I can't tell by the grain inside the body.

But it has a great sustain. I mean, you could just hold it.  You could go and have a bite and you'd still be hearin' that one.

Nice.

Link Posted: 12/8/2011 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Sweet looking Strat
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 4:28:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sweet looking Strat

Thank you.

Welcome to Arfcom.
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 7:19:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sweet looking Strat

Thank you.

Welcome to Arfcom.

I have an American Deluxe HSS in pearl white but I seem to be playing
my Ibanez AS73 more and more while the strat lingers in the case.
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sweet looking Strat

Thank you.

Welcome to Arfcom.

What do you prefer about the Ibanez?
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sweet looking Strat

Thank you.

Welcome to Arfcom.

What do you prefer about the Ibanez?
More low end punch and I have it set up with 12's
At this time.

Link Posted: 12/12/2011 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So How "Hot" are the Pick-ups??

Me Luvva the Hot Pick-ups––They Love you Long Time...

Link Posted: 12/13/2011 4:28:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

not sure what you mean by 'hot'

Link Posted: 12/13/2011 6:47:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not sure what you mean by 'hot'

I think HOT is being used as a term for high output or gain
compared to stock pickups.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#22]
I forgot about this.

I don't think the pickups have more gain than factory, although I haven't got enough experience to answer that question knowledgeably. The sensitivity is excellent, though, and the tone is not as bright as the Fender single coils. Maybe some day I'll get an equalizer to boost the high end a little bit.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
how does she sound?

Odd.  Every guitar I play makes funny noises
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how does she sound?

Odd.  Every guitar I play makes funny noises

The funny noises are my fault.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:08:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Me too I think
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top