Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2010 2:46:36 PM EDT
Has anyone else picked up this 2 CD set? Amazing old school country with strong musicians and songwriting.
Link Posted: 9/19/2010 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought it the day it came out.  I absolutely love this album, it's great.

I'm not a country music fan by any means; actually I hate almost all country music (except Waylon, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, and the old stuff).  Jamey Johnson is completely different from other modern "country".  There's none of the bullshit with him, he doesn't rely on image to sell albums and get on the radio.  He consistently writes good songs, not only for himself but for other performers also.

I saw him live a couple months ago here in Arizona at a small place (Toby Kieth's bar and grill).  It was a really good show and I will pay to see him again anytime he's he comes to the Phoenix area.
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up "The Guitar Song" a couple weeks ago, & I'm liking it, but I think I like "That Lonesome Song" a little more.

Link Posted: 10/30/2010 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I picked up "The Guitar Song" a couple weeks ago, & I'm liking it, but I think I like "That Lonesome Song" a little more.

+1... hard to beat some of the tunes on the first album... "That Lonesome Song," "In Color," and a few other tracks that I absolutely loved.
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1... hard to beat some of the tunes on the first album... "That Lonesome Song," "In Color," and a few other tracks that I absolutely loved.

That Lonesome Song is his second...well actually third if you count the one that RCA decided to ditch.

http://www.amazon.com/Dollar-Jamey-Johnson/dp/B000DZ7YDI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288471447&sr=8-1

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top