Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2009 1:00:36 AM EDT
It would make a hell of a start to the ARFCOM rotor wing. pretty affordable too.
ebay
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:04:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Well I'll be damned. Not as much as I thought.

Group buy?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:13:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not an A & P, can someone look at the logs and tell me what O/C means?  It is entered in almost all of the really big $$$$ items that are nearly timed out.  Question number two.....can it get FAA certification?  There's a guy in GA who bought and imported something like 50 polish crop dusters to be denied certification.  They are sitting at an airport rotting away.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:33:45 AM EDT
[#3]
O/C usually means "on condition", no specific TBO or Life Limit.

I just saw the component sheet on ebay, it had the main gear box and tail rotor gear box as O/C, that is not right, a 2007 BO105 has 3600hr O/H
on those components,  older ships are usually less. I have never seen a gear box as O/C.

The engines burn 28 gph ea and will need a very expensive AD complied with by 2011 ( containment shield) , I doubt all SB's have been complied with. This helicopter can get real expensive real fast. Find some corrosion on the titanium head and it will cost you 100k, and if the mast has it, plan on another 85k. Buyer beware.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Generally something in that bad of shape is worth more as parts.

And the fact that Air Methods or Metro Aviation hasn't bought it for parts, says that it is in REALLY bad shape.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#5]
There are few things in the world more expensive than a "cheap" helicopter.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#6]

we have a FAA inspector that we have been working with that has granted
airworthiness certificates for these helicopters several times
FWIW...

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:41:26 PM EDT
[#7]
It has some potential still. Just need to win that powerball. Now what to arm it with?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:49:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It has some potential still. Just need to win that powerball. Now what to arm it with?

If you can afford the scout helo, you can afford the transferable 50cal to arm it with...

With that said, you would be MUCH better off with an OH58... Bell 206 parts are easy to come by....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top