Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2017 11:22:19 PM EDT
Been a long time since I've been on a jet operated by them.  Have they fallen into the realms of Mesa?

when I was still in the airlines they were one of the best, well maintained aircraft, excellent flight and ground crews.   Then they did their "we are our own airline" and drove the company into the dirt stunt.

i know Skywest bought em, but I thought it was a merger?  Doesn't seem like it, as their ground equipment was beat up shit and Skywest shared a ramp with clean maintained equipment.   are they just a nasty red headed stepchild now?  

Not impressed with my experience today, I would have torn some assholes if my techs released a plane in that crummy of condition.

kind of a rambled post, using the dang phone.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#1]
They all start out well, then they start wondering how they can increase the profit margins so they can have that bigger house and yacht like their rich buddies have. So then come the bean counters and lawyers, and their job is to destroy what doesn't conform into their unrealistic expectations because they have no idea how aviation works. The owners are too busy at the golf clubs and yachting to care what's going on at that point. Usually when they are confronted with the reality of the situation, it is too far gone to recover from and the story goes on and on and on. And new players join the game with the same expectations over and over and over, the cycle never ends, lessons are never learned.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess it depends on your perspective, but they were always third tier at best.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:59:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess it depends on your perspective, but they were always third tier at best.
View Quote
Curious to your opinion on rankings?  

Skywest always seemed to have their shit in order to me, but my days are from when they dominated the west market.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:17:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Skywest always seemed to have their shit in order to me, but my days are from when they dominated the west market.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was speaking from a pilots perspective.   Read the Wiki article on them.  Could you imagine being trapped there for a career?    

In truth, any indipendant regional is forced to be a bottom feeder in today's environment.    It's an incredibly competitive business.

They are going to have serious problems filling the front seats.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:27:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was speaking from a pilots perspective.   Read the Wiki article on them.  Could you imagine being trapped there for a career?    

In truth, any indipendant regional is forced to be a bottom feeder in today's environment.    It's an incredibly competitive business.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For sure, I'm glad to be out of it now.  Was a good time though.

Was just looking up the old bottom feeders from my day, most are gone.  Surprisingly gojets is still around!  
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:54:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Expressjet recently lost their Delta contract.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. Delta is moving 28 CR9s and 3 CR7s to Endeavor. The other 30 CR7s are being parked/8 are going to American. Also parking ~15 CRJs.

Mostly going to be doing E35/E45 flying for United with a little bit of CR7 flying for American.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:41:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This. Delta is moving 28 CR9s and 3 CR7s to Endeavor. The other 30 CR7s are being parked/8 are going to American. Also parking ~15 CRJs.

Mostly going to be doing E35/E45 flying for United with a little bit of CR7 flying for American.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That explains quite a bit then, thanks guys 
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:52:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That explains quite a bit then, thanks guys 
View Quote
From my understanding the pilots from legacy ASA and legacy ExpressJet STILL haven't integrated......

So they are going to end up basically a 50 seat jet operation till Skywest finally Comair's them.

Delta is probably going to end up with Skywest, Endeavor, Compass (by force) and Republic. Fully expect the jets at Gojet to be moving to Endeavor as soon as possible.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#10]
We recently took over some CRJ200's from Express Jet. Holy hell those things are pieces of crap! They were so poorly maintained you wouldn't believe it. We were supposed to get more, but stopped after 6 or 7 I believe.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We recently took over some CRJ200's from Express Jet. Holy hell those things are pieces of crap! They were so poorly maintained you wouldn't believe it. We were supposed to get more, but stopped after 6 or 7 I believe.
View Quote
Can't be any worse then the ones we got from ACA err....independence 
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 6:07:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I just got cold called by expressjet. Apparently they just signed a 5 year deal with United of some sort.

I thought they were toast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top