Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2016 11:39:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Usually, you get a letter.  "It's been accepted into the program..yada yada yada".
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#2]
A bunch. Somewhere I have a pile of them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
ASAP'd some stuff.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#4]
A few, over the years.  Can't remember what for.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes NASA.  I have no idea what you talkin bout'.  No NASA.  I ain't filed one.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I did once.  I was doing a functional check flight and was having pressurization problems at 20K feet. The FCF profile was an IFR flight plan even though it was a VFR day.  Got vectors back to the field and while I was messing around with the environmental controls, I busted a decend-to altitude.  Looking back, I could have done a few things...most notably declared an emergency and/or canceled IFR.  Or I could have quit messing with the jet and just kept flying.  I was on o2 and defending, so it wasn't a big deal.  

Anyway, I apologized to the controller and thanked him for the help.  Then, immediately filed a NASA report when I landed.  A few weeks later I received a response saying thanks for the input and consider the matter closed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I've filed several for things like stupidly entering Class C while on top of a cloud deck and VFR (not VFR-On-Top) and for things like doors popping open in-flight and engine failures.

The ASRS (NASA) form is on-line now, making reports instantaneous. ASRS Reporting

I've never had anyone call or correspond other than to say it's in the system and received the identification block back.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Funny you should ask.  I was going through my file of pilot paperwork this morning; I think there were 5 of them in there.  15 years of on-demand 135 accounted for four of them.
I think I've done 1 asap also.

Never heard from the federales on any of them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Usually, you get a letter.  "It's been accepted into the program..yada yada yada".
View Quote

Yep. Got a letter back from the Feds. Never heard a thing after that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I used to make up viewgraph color charts for the office of science at NASA hq
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I've filed a couple. Nobody ever called. I was advised by other pilots to subscribe to AOPA legal and if ever asked to call a number, to call legal first.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#12]
As a side note they do use them.

A while ago I got involved in a project to help fix some issues based on

-ASAPs filed by pilots
-ATSAPs filed by controllers
-Data from MOR reports (an internal thing)
-Data from FSDO

It was pretty cool to have all that data, and be able to fix things to be better for the users (we even went and talked to FBOs and local pilot groups to get input)
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Five or six in 12 years of flying.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:39:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I've filed 6 in almost 30yrs of flying.  Only got called once about failing to hold before crossing an active runway due to misunderstanding ATC instruction.  Was told "don't do that again" and never heard anything else about it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:45:35 AM EDT
[#15]
NASA, no.

ASAP, yes.

They don't let me fly, though. I just get to throw parts at broken planes
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:46:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
ASAP'd some stuff.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:18:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

What's this ASAP thing about ? Is it a secret occurrence only for users of Jet fuel ?
View Quote

From the horse's mouth: http://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/asap/

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#19]
If you do one, you should do the other.  Some places even have a link on the ASAP page asking if you want to click over to the NASA form.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Regional pilots (children of the magenta line) fill them out like it were tickets to win a trip to Disneyland.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I've filed a few, but only when I had an idiot in the right seat.  An FO once copied a clearance down wrong, for instance.  Don't think I've filed a single one since I started flying the jets single-pilot.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:36:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Regional pilots (children of the magenta line) fill them out like it were tickets to win a trip to Disneyland.
View Quote

No big deal...the more data, the better. Coming back to aviation after a hiatus, the problem with those guys is that no one has taken the time to explain the system.

We treat them like monkies, then wonder why we have a circus.

I've got more problem with the promise of FOQA/ASAP to fix all meat computer related deficiencies by slavish adherence to SOP then anything else.

But what the fuck do I know?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:We treat them like monkies, then wonder why we have a circus.
View Quote

I'm going to have to steal that from you.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Double tap
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:We treat them like monkies, then wonder why we have a circus.

I'll take a Letter of Recommendation in trade!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top