BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 10:11:07 AM EDT
CFII Jr. in the making?

Story Here
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Makes me wonder if the engine was overtemped and if the owner will try to bill the dad.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#2]
damn
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Kid probably said "Hey,this is just like the flight game on my computer,I just flip this switch,move that" and...whinnnnnne go the turbines.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Idiot award for leaving the battery connected.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:32:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Idiot award for leaving the battery connected.
View Quote

Not sure on the 145 if the battery is easily accessible or has a quick disconnect.  It predecessor, the MBB-BK-117, had a flip down door for shore power, GPU, etc, but I don't know about the battery.

I worked that job for 10 yrs in a LongRanger, and we never disconnected the battery on PRs.  We stayed with the aircraft and didn't let people sit in it without supervision.  Either way, for the first 4-5 yrs, our helicopter had screws on the battery door vs. the DZUS fasteners.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:34:36 AM EDT
[#7]
In B-17's you have to rope off the pilot and co-pilot seats where all the switches are when doing tours. People will still reach over and "coon-finger" stuff.

DO NOT turn on batteries without checking every switch and lever or something like all the fire bottles will discharge
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top