Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2014 10:33:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Back when I was in CRM class in college we did a case study on that flight. The actions of the crew were the stuff of legend.

If I recall correctly one of the crew just got his medical back and has resumed flying.

ETA: According to Wikipedia Tucker is flying under the light sport rules.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I was just talking about this last week.  The Air Disaster show on NatGeo (?) had a decent episode about this case a while back.

Insane that the crew managed to live, and bring the jet down safely.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Reading up on that will defiantly put you on the edge of your seat.  

That flight crew put up one HELL of a fight.  God bless em.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw that crew speak one time at the outdoor pavilion at Oshkosh. Gripping story. You guys ever see the pic of the flight engineers station after it was all over? It was amazing he survived. It was a total bloodbath. Looked like someone just threw a bucket of blood on the gauges and his desk. Damn.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I jumpsat on the aircraft involved twice. It's of course been converted to an MD-10 now and looks like any other MD-10.

It was a little strange sitting in there thinking of the fight for life that happened right there and the stresses the aircraft had been through.

One of the FOs did mention it was "that plane".
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:31:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I watched that just a few weeks ago. Amazing how the crew fought back, despite terrible injuries.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I was working the Hub the day that flight came back…..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top