Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2014 4:04:17 AM EDT

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:43:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks interesting.  Have you seen it yet?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:51:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:01:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks interesting.  Have you seen it yet?
View Quote
No, but all three flights in the teaser I have studied the transcripts of the final moments. Sadly, aviation is one of those businesses and endeavors where you learn from someone else's f$%kups
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:56:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Imagine what the people at the film festivals would say if you made a movie about the  last moments of mass shooting victims captured on 911 tapes.  Or about rapes and murders captured on film.  This is no different, they're making profit from tragedies in the name of "art".  Hypocracy abounds with people who make stuff like this.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Imagine what the people at the film festivals would say if you made a movie about the  last moments of mass shooting victims captured on 911 tapes.  Or about rapes and murders captured on film.  This is no different, they're making profit from tragedies in the name of "art".  Hypocracy abounds with people who make stuff like this.
View Quote
You stand more of a chance dying crossing the street at an airline terminal. 3 million people died in transportation related accidents in 2012 the majotrity in automobiles, more than war, AIDS, suicide crime and terrorism put toogether
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck this movie. Makes pilots look like bumbling idiots. Granted, some are, but hopefully they also recreate when shit was fucked and the pilots saved everyone (I.e. Sully's incident).  I bet they make the Sioux City crash look like the pilots were shitheads.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fuck this movie. Makes pilots look like bumbling idiots. Granted, some are, but hopefully they also recreate when shit was fucked and the pilots saved everyone (I.e. Sully's incident).  I bet they make the Sioux City crash look like the pilots were shitheads.
View Quote
You remember the Air Farce pilot at Fairchild that banked the wings at over 55 degrees while he was real low?

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You remember the Air Farce pilot at Fairchild that banked the wings at over 55 degrees while he was real low?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjFIB1L3BPU
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. My buddy watched his father die in that crash.  What's your point?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pilot was a jackass, took the wrong chances, he killed people. I sure the command was very happy that he crashed and burned for his error. If someone learned from that experience is to not repeat it

"The subsequent investigation concluded that the chain of events leading to the crash was primarily attributable to three factors: Holland's personality and behavior, USAF leaders' delayed or inadequate reactions to earlier incidents involving Holland, and the sequence of events during the aircraft's final flight. The crash is now used in military and civilian aviation environments as a case study in teaching crew resource management. It is also often used by the US armed forces during aviation safety training as an example of the importance of compliance with safety regulations and correcting the behavior of anyone who violates safety procedures."
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#10]
You talk about it like you know the people who were involved or were there.  Both are obviously not the case.  

What's your point?  You like pointing out when other people make mistakes?  

What does your last post have to do with the stupid movie you started out with anyway?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Pilot was a jackass, took the wrong chances, he killed people. I sure the command was very happy that he crashed and burned for his error. If someone learned from that experience is to not repeat it

"The subsequent investigation concluded that the chain of events leading to the crash was primarily attributable to three factors: Holland's personality and behavior, USAF leaders' delayed or inadequate reactions to earlier incidents involving Holland, and the sequence of events during the aircraft's final flight. The crash is now used in military and civilian aviation environments as a case study in teaching crew resource management. It is also often used by the US armed forces during aviation safety training as an example of the importance of compliance with safety regulations and correcting the behavior of anyone who violates safety procedures."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

First,  read the whole article.  His command wasn't glad that he crashed and burned...because they were killed with him. The Squadron Commander, Director of Operations, and Vice Wing Commander were all on board.

Second, there is a big difference between being over-confident/cocky in the jet and untrained.  They both can kill you, generally cockiness kills with lessons already learned (I.e. Stalling). Same thing happened to a C-17 in AK a few years ago.  When you're cocky in a jet, everything is in control till the very end.  They don't struggle with a problem till the very end...the juggling balls just get dropped.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

First,  read the whole article.  His command wasn't glad that he crashed and burned...because they were killed with him. The Squadron Commander, Director of Operations, and Vice Wing Commander were all on board.

Second, there is a big difference between being over-confident/cocky in the jet and untrained.  They both can kill you, generally cockiness kills with lessons already learned (I.e. Stalling). Same thing happened to a C-17 in AK a few years ago.  When you're cocky in a jet, everything is in control till the very end.  They don't struggle with a problem till the very end...the juggling balls just get dropped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course his command was not happy, they court martialed a guy over it
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You talk about it like you know the people who were involved or were there.  Both are obviously not the case.  

What's your point?  You like pointing out when other people make mistakes?  

What does your last post have to do with the stupid movie you started out with anyway?
View Quote
If you are an aviator it might save your life, if you do not fly you can learn about CRM and how it can make you take off, climb, cruise, descend. approach and land safely or die. All CVR's are public record.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#14]
The way you regurgitate what you read on the internet makes you sound less intelligent than you actually are.  And that is an amazing accomplishment, congratulations.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:10:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The way you regurgitate what you read on the internet makes you sound less intelligent than you actually are.  And that is an amazing accomplishment, congratulations.
View Quote
If I was intelligent I would be posting on some MIT or Scientific American blog, but I am on ARFCOM with you. I would not be disappointed of you ignored my posts
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:14:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, pilots of the world, just like anyone else, learn from their mistakes and change for the better. Below are two humorous aviation quotes about bad judgment and others mistakes:

a. Good judgment comes from experience. Good experience comes from someone else's bad judgment.

b. Learn from the mistakes of others... you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Well alrighty then, good point!  But seriously, stones... Glass houses...

My point about the movie is it was probably made by some liberals in the name of "art".  Same liberals who would cry if you made a movie with 911 call recordings of shootings or rapes or something.  Plus they picked the actors to make everybody depicted look as dumb as possible apparently.  The acting is atrocious.  

They're completely relying on the shock factor of real crashes without context or background.  It does not serve any purpose other than making them money and actually does a disservice by misrepresenting the truth.  I really hope it is as bad as it looks and never goes big time.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I sure the command was very happy that he crashed and burned for his error.
View Quote

This indicates to me that you are not in any knowledgeable position to speak about military aviation or those who participate in it.

Read and listen more before you go spouting off about how happy we all are when an overconfident pilot kills his whole crew in front of their families because he wanted to show off.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This indicates to me that you are not in any knowledgeable position to speak about military aviation or those who participate in it.

Read and listen more before you go spouting off about how happy we all are when an overconfident pilot kills his whole crew in front of their families because he wanted to show off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I sure the command was very happy that he crashed and burned for his error.

By happy I meant that they obviously were not happy that someone stupid killed an entire crew and destroyed an a/c worth millions and millions of dollars. Of course they were not happy, there were guys who refused to fly with the pilot. It was a tongue in cheek remark, I am sure the senior officers wanted to put their fists thru the wall after the fact. I am certain that some guys who were waiting for their first star now had to submit their paperwork because their careers were over

"On 10 March 1994, Holland commanded a single-aircraft training mission to the Yakima Bombing Range to provide an authorized photographer an opportunity to document the aircraft as it dropped training munitions. The minimum aircraft altitude permitted for that area was 500 feet (150 m) AGL. During the mission, Holland's aircraft was filmed crossing one ridgeline about 30 feet (10 m) above the ground. Fearing for their safety, the photography crew ceased filming and took cover as Holland's aircraft again passed low over the ground, this time estimated as clearing the ridgeline by only three feet (1 m). The co-pilot on Holland's aircraft testified that he grabbed the controls to prevent Holland from flying the aircraft into the ridge while the aircraft's other two aircrew members repeatedly screamed at Holland, "Climb! Climb!" Holland responded by laughing and calling one of the crew members "a pussy".[1]

After that mission, the crew decided that they would never again fly with Holland and reported the incident to the bomb squadron leadership. The squadron commander, Lieutenant Colonel Mark McGeehan, reported the incident to Pellerin and recommended that Holland be removed from flying duty. Pellerin consulted with Holland and gave him an oral reprimand and warning not to repeat the behavior, but refused to take him off flying duty. Pellerin also did not document the incident or the reprimand or notify his superiors, who remained unaware of the incident. McGeehan then decided that in order to protect his aircrews, he (McGeehan) would be the co-pilot on any future missions in which Holland was the command pilot. Evidence suggests that after this incident "considerable animosity" existed between Holland and McGeehan.[12][13]"
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:38:38 AM EDT
[#20]
So this "movie" is nothing more than people acting out the final moments of crash CVR's? That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard of. The acting looks rediculous. This has to be a joke.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So this "movie" is nothing more than people acting out the final moments of crash CVR's? That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard of. The acting looks rediculous. This has to be a joke.
View Quote

I watched both videos and was trying to figure out if this was supposed to be serious?  The ATC part sounded real but I kept waiting for Leslie Nielsen to pop his head into the cockpit....  
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:00:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I watched both videos and was trying to figure out if this was supposed to be serious?  The ATC part sounded real but I kept waiting for Leslie Nielsen to pop his head into the cockpit....  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Have you ever seen a grown man naked?"
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Doesn't sound appealing to me either. There's a lot of lessons to be learned from CVR tapes not really entertainment
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

It actually made me LOL.  The acting part.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top