Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2013 8:10:06 PM EDT
My pop is a (10,000 hrs plus) CFI and has a couple advanced students who own them.  He is in LOVE with them, and has been looking at buying one.  I've never worked on one (GA A&P here).  He's looking at one with the E-225, the ones he's been flying have either the IO-470 or a 550.  I have 0 experience with the 225, done a fair amount of work on a E-185 on an early Bonanza.  I understand their hydraulic system, more curious of the performance #'s at altitude (our field elevation is 5400).  The one he's looking at does have tip tanks.  
The one we are looking at is NA, not Ryan.  Thoughts from any Navion pilots/mechanics here?
Link Posted: 8/9/2013 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I think there's a guy from Texas in the Industry Forum that has one, or knows something about them, or something.....

I think it's painted up like an Armadillo or something.......
Link Posted: 8/9/2013 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think there's a guy from Texas in the Industry Forum that has one, or knows something about them, or something.....

I think it's painted up like an Armadillo or something.......re
View Quote

No shit.  Well if he's got one...

Link Posted: 8/9/2013 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it's painted up like an Armadillo or something.......re

Yup.  Try to get hold of Mark LaRue.  He's a big fan.  I believe he had his refurbed with war paint.

Link Posted: 8/10/2013 3:22:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Advice from an F35 owner - avoid the E225. Parts, like pistons, are tough to find. Oil leaks are a real pain, so look for one thats dry. Tough to find anyone competent to do a good overhaul (see oil leaks).
It's a bullet proof engine though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2013 5:42:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think you're right. What was his name? "La"....something or another.
Link Posted: 8/10/2013 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, but that guy is a troublemaker.  He even got picks of our governor shooting icky guns or something.  Don't invite him here!  

Link Posted: 8/10/2013 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I hear he is trouble, playin with firearms and planes and shit.  The Roo or something like that.........
Link Posted: 8/11/2013 2:50:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/11/2013 7:30:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
" Sonuva Mustang "

" Some pics in here "

... but the video slide show got yanked ...
View Quote

Damn, there goes the thread......
Link Posted: 8/11/2013 7:31:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I bet Mark turns out some really cool one off Navion Billet Parts!!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:16:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Saw this picture on our local warplane museum FB page thought it was cool.  

Anyone up for carrier ops with their Navion?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top