Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2013 3:12:26 PM EDT
If you are inbound to KSUA during the two days the notam is in effect you must land First at KMLB or KPBI and "Clear" TSA screenings
before landing at my airport.

During VP Bush and latter President Bush would come to town to visit his mother on Jupiter Island the airport would close IIRC one hour before his arrival or departure.

C. GATEWAY SCREENING PROCEDURES HAVE BEEN CREATED AT MELBOURNE AIRPORT, FL (MLB) AND PALM BEACH INTERNATIONAL, FL (PBI) FOR AIRCRAFT INBOUND TO WITHAM AIRPORT, FL (SUA) AND AT WITHAM AIRPORT, FL (SUA)FOR AIRCRAFT DEPARTURES. TSA SCREENING WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THESE LOCATIONS BETWEEN 1300-2300 UTC (0800-1800 LOCAL) FROM SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2013 THROUGH MONDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2013. SPECIAL ATC PROCEDURES MAY BE ASSIGNED PRIOR TO DEPARTURE FROM A GATEWAY AIRPORT. PILOTS, CREW, AND PASSENGERS MUST PROVIDE VALID GOVERNMENT-ISSUED PHOTO IDENTIFICATION TO THE TSA AT THE GATEWAY AIRPORT PRIOR TO DEPARTURE. AIRCRAFT OPERATORS MUST REGISTER WITH TSA FOR GATEWAY SCREENING NO LESS THAN 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THEIR SCHEDULED DEPARTURE TIME BY CALLING TSA AT 561-616-9650.

D. ON DEPARTURE FROM A GATEWAY AIRPORT AIRCRAFT MUST MAINTAIN RADIO CONTACT WITH ATC AND CONTINUOUSLY SQUAWK AN ATC ASSIGNED DISCRETE CODE. INTERMEDIATE STOPS WHILE ENROUTE ARE NOT AUTHORIZED UNLESS AN EMERGENCY EXISTS.

Edit: POTUS is coming to town to play golf at the Floridian Golf Club, Palm City, FL
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:47:30 PM EDT
[#1]
One more reason- as if more are needed- to hate the prick.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:21:32 PM EDT
[#2]
You must respect the king's airspace. This is a clear violation of our constitutional rights. It is the equivalent of telling an entire group of people they cannot use their cars in a given area. Bicycles and walking is ok, but as far as I'm concerned, it is an excessive restriction to those of us who travel by aircraft. A short window for arrival and departure and the requirement of exit corridors and a temporary Mode C airspace seems reasonable, but to lock us down for days on end is flat-out denying our constitutional right to travel. I occasionally spend weeks where my only method of travel is by aircraft. I walk to the airport, go to my destination and then return home. If someone's out in the country with a grass strip, they can fly to a n urban airport, walk a couple blocks, pick up their groceries and fly home easier than they can drive to the nearest store. An airplane makes this as possible just as a car makes it possible to live in the suburbs for some people.

http://www.macquirelatory.com/Right%20To%20Travel.htm

CASE #1: "The use of the highway for the purpose of travel and transportation is not a mere privilege, but a common fundamental right of which the public and individuals cannot rightfully be deprived." Chicago Motor Coach v. Chicago, 169 NE 221.

CASE #2: "The right of the citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, either by carriage or by automobile, is not a mere privilege which a city may prohibit or permit at will, but a common law right which he has under the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Thompson v. Smith, 154 SE 579.

It could not be stated more directly or conclusively that citizens of the states have a common law right to travel, without approval or restriction (license), and that this right is protected under the U.S Constitution.

CASE #3: "The right to travel is a part of the liberty of which the citizen cannot be deprived without due process of law under the Fifth Amendment." Kent v. Dulles, 357 US 116, 125.

CASE #4: "The right to travel is a well-established common right that does not owe its existence to the federal government. It is recognized by the courts as a natural right." Schactman v. Dulles 96 App DC 287, 225 F2d 938, at 941.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:26:56 PM EDT
[#3]
49 U.S.C. § 40103 : US Code - Section 40103: Sovereignty and use of airspace

(a) Sovereignty and Public Right of Transit. - (1) The United
States Government has exclusive sovereignty of airspace of the
United States.
(2) A citizen of the United States has a public right of transit
through the navigable airspace
. To further that right, the
Secretary of Transportation shall consult with the Architectural
and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board established under
section 502 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. 792)
before prescribing a regulation or issuing an order or procedure
that will have a significant impact on the accessibility of
commercial airports or commercial air transportation for
handicapped individuals.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Im not thrilled about it either. About a half mile from palm city.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:24:38 AM EDT
[#5]
It was an absolutely beautiful night to go flying last night too.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#6]
This was earlier today, near Ft. Pierce. Photo was taken by a friend, from his neighborhood. Well within the TFR...

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This was earlier today, near Ft. Pierce. Photo was taken by a friend, from his neighborhood. Well within the TFR...

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6805/fuckers.jpg

Ugh  paperwork
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ugh  paperwork

Ah, I think the paperwork is the last of that pilots concerns. I'd like to find out who that is and offer him whatever support I can.

Truly, its disgusting,,,, that picture. That is facism at its best.  

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top