Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2012 7:19:11 PM EDT
Brazillian Mirage 2k low-level Sonic Booms blow out all the windows on Federal building.  

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Think he may be flying rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong now.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 4:59:11 AM EDT
[#2]
As far as having a natural ability or instinct for something , when it comes to fast machines, very few can compete with the talents of Brazilians.

Their ability to push F1 cars on the track and ACM in the air is second to none.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 7:41:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 3:36:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I confess I haven’t flown with or against Brazilian pilots, but I have accidently boomed a small town and blown out windows. Does that count?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 5:42:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I confess I haven’t flown with or against Brazilian pilots, but I have accidently boomed a small town and blown out windows. Does that count?

There is something awesome about that. It's like something right out of fiction.

When you go supersonic, is there a particular level of effort that it takes to push past it or is it something more like drifting into the yellow arc on my little piston airplane?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Why was it so hard for the myth busters to achieve broken windows with the Blue Angels?

I've heard for years that supersonic jets have broken windows on land and port holes on ships, when my uncle was in the South African air force there was a Mirage F1 pilot that went super sonic
over Cape town and apparently a lot of car and building windows were shattered and some people hospitalized for hearing issues.

But when they tried to break windows on the myth busters iirc they battled to do it and I can't remember if they actually did or not.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why was it so hard for the myth busters to achieve broken windows with the Blue Angels?

I've heard for years that supersonic jets have broken windows on land and port holes on ships, when my uncle was in the South African air force there was a Mirage F1 pilot that went super sonic
over Cape town and apparently a lot of car and building windows were shattered and some people hospitalized for hearing issues.

But when they tried to break windows on the myth busters iirc they battled to do it and I can't remember if they actually did or not.

Its probably a function of how air tight the building is.  The sound waves (waves of compressed air) make the window bow in and out in a frequency.  I'm not sure if being air tight would help to prevent the window from breaking or if it would contrubute to it.  

Mythbusters also used a pretty small window.  Larger surface area equals a greater area for the forces to work against and a much more "flex".  Glass doesn't like to flex.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 1:07:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top