Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2011 9:16:26 AM EDT
Unlike the Whitehouse petition, you do not have to create an account, and it advocates continuing the current system, rather than new fuel taxes.  You do not have to be an AOPA member to sign.

LINK

"Get involved! Help prevent user fees and avgas tax hikes by adding your name to this petition.

I, as a pilot and aviation enthusiast, hereby endorse the following principles in consideration of how the FAA is to be financed in the future:

* Federal airport funding should be sustained at no less than current levels ($3.7 billion).
   * Excise taxes are the best way for all aviation users to support the system.
   * Congress must maintain its oversight of the FAA.
   * The General Fund must continue to provide at least 21.5% of the FAA’s budget.
   * There is no place for user fees in the world’s largest, safest, most efficient air transportation system."

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#1]
They have 95,000 vs the 3,000 on the WH site.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They have 95,000 vs the 3,000 on the WH site.

Wow, I missed that.  Maybe it will actually do some good.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#3]
the AOPA is a huge lobbying power.  I have been to their office in DC a couple of times, way more than just a magazine
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top