Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2009 6:42:03 PM EDT
Nice and strong, just the way I like a cigar, also the head was somewhat soft when I bit down on it - a far cry difference from the hard cigars I've bit on all before this.

Oh and there was a TON of bloom around the head.

I'm starting to see what all the fuss is about!!

I might mix these up with my usual favorite - La Flor Dominicana's Double Ligero Maduro Toro.

_MaH

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 2:46:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Nice and strong, just the way I like a cigar, also the head was somewhat soft when I bit down on it - a far cry difference from the hard cigars I've bit on all before this.

I might mix these up with my usual favorite - La Flor Dominicana's Double Ligero Maduro Toro.

_MaH

I love the LFD's.  What Camacho are you smoking?
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 5:06:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
the head was somewhat soft when I bit down on it

Just as an FYI with these two facts, sounds like mold, not bloom.  Bloom forms uniformly over the exposed surface of the cigar, not heavily concentrated in one area.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 5:52:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
the head was somewhat soft when I bit down on it

Just as an FYI with these two facts, sounds like mold, not bloom.  Bloom forms uniformly over the exposed surface of the cigar, not heavily concentrated in one area.

No, it was bloom.  There was a good amount of it around the head (perhaps I over exaggerated the concentration) but there was also a good amount of it on the rest of the cigar.

I read the 101

_MaH
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 6:03:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

_MaH

I love the LFD's.  What Camacho are you smoking?

Camacho Corojo 11/18

Damn that was a fine cigar!

_MaH
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 6:16:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I read the 101

_MaH

Bloom takes years to form.  If you got it out of a cigar shop where stock is rotated and touched by customers over and over there is no way it was bloom.

I could write the 101
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 6:21:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read the 101

_MaH

Bloom takes years to form.  If you got it out of a cigar shop where stock is rotated and touched by customers over and over there is no way it was bloom.

I could write the 101

Well fine!  Then the mold tasted good!

_MaH
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#7]
At leats he's on the right path!  

I have a box of the 11/18's & 07/05's fermenting in the coolerador

as well as

11/18 10th anniverasaries

corojo churchills
&
toros

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top