Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2009 7:22:38 PM EDT
Any benefit to keeping it on there, or is it just a nifty accomplishment?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:53:59 PM EDT
[#1]
It makes me feel like I accomplished something while doing nothing
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#2]
It helps to keep the cigar from getting to hot.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:44:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I actually find if you try to ash too much, it can cause burn issues.  

Aside from that, I tried to convince my wife that this was an amazing display of her man's virility and pack dominance that should be rewarded with sexual favors of a fitting nature.  She gave me a jar of vasoline and went shopping...
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:21:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I actually find if you try to ash too much, it can cause burn issues.  

Aside from that, I tried to convince my wife that this was an amazing display of her man's virility and pack dominance that should be rewarded with sexual favors of a fitting nature.  She gave me a jar of vasoline and went shopping...

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I like to keep it on there when I'm around cigarette smokers.  Show them that ash stays put when you use high quality hand made tobacco instead of shredded machine made.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks.  I've noticed that the last third seems hot.
I had a Macanudo Jade die on me last week when I got to the last third.  The inside burned for about 1/4"-1/2" in a reverse cone, so I'm wondering if whatever sweat might have been on my fingers could have been enough to spoil it, because I couldn't revive it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 2:48:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks.  I've noticed that the last third seems hot.
I had a Macanudo Jade die on me last week when I got to the last third.  The inside burned for about 1/4"-1/2" in a reverse cone, so I'm wondering if whatever sweat might have been on my fingers could have been enough to spoil it, because I couldn't revive it.

Usually the last bit of a cigar isn't that good from the tar build up.  It also burns too hot.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#8]
As already mentioned, I have read that the ash helps regulate the burn temp in the cigar. Also you should never "force" the ash off, rather let it fall on it's own. I usually give the ash a helping bump when I see it starting to lean in one direction before it falls in my lap or on my shirt.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 7:20:10 AM EDT
[#9]
It's a good way to make a mess on your clothes, seat, or floor.

If I see mine getting around the 1" mark I usually hang it over the ashtray and give it an easy tap to see if the ash wants to drop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top