BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2008 5:03:51 AM EDT
It was tried before.

Link Posted: 11/5/2008 5:10:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It was tried before.

...but.....we might be able to buy Cubans at the corner tobacconist soon too...just trying to be an optomist

Link Posted: 11/5/2008 5:42:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It was tried before.

It will be tried again.

Link Posted: 11/5/2008 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Tried hell.  It's a sure bet.

Welcome to the beginning of the wealth redistribution and the end of cigar companies.
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh, it's coming.  They are already working on this again to send to Obama since Bush vetoed it. http://cigars.about.com/b/2007/11/19/schip-cigar-tax-update.htm
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#5]
FUCK OBAMA AND THE DEMS.   That will destroy the cigar industry.
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#6]
&#@%!!!! one more thing I have to stock up on in a short period of time!

Just like ammo, the larger high quality ones cost more too..... errrrr
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont buy them where I am taxed
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe not, but if it goes through you'll be paying for it one way or another... and smaller outfits might not survive.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 6:10:13 AM EDT
[#9]
If I remember correctly the dems wanted a five dollar a stick tax.  Might be wrong, hope I'm wrong if not I'll go broke just buying a single box  Edited: I read the link, its 3 dollars.  Still too much
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Putting a higher tax on cigars purchased here will endanger the jobs of tens of thousands of tobacco workers in Central America.  Yeah, working as a roller or a picker might not be the best job, but its there, and the good outfits treat there people down there very well.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:46:14 AM EDT
[#11]
the SCHIP was a 54% tax on cigars at inventory. IT will shut down every cigar shop. Camacho and a few others said they will pull out of the us market and set up online stores at their factories. The cigar buyer will be responsible for the tax at that point instead of the cigar company.

I work part time for a shop, if it gets pushed the same way it did the first time He will close before the bill is enacted and have one kick ass home walk in.

Quoted:
Putting a higher tax on cigars purchased here will endanger the jobs of tens of thousands of tobacco workers in Central America.  Yeah, working as a roller or a picker might not be the best job, but its there, and the good outfits treat there people down there very well.

It wont effect them at all people of Europe will more then welcome them. I know a few people i trade Padron, Ashton, CAO, and Camachos for Cubans.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top