Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2008 4:01:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm just getting into cigars myself, so I'd be quite interested in the answer here too.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#2]
a coolerdor is the best
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 11:56:20 PM EDT
[#3]
^^^^^^^^^
What he said. Rubbermaid, $15 from Walmart and some beads.
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 5:11:10 AM EDT
[#4]
My coolerdor is working out great, it's just not as pretty........ But it gets a nice reaction from people when I open it up
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 5:12:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Virtually all of the humidors in that price range are decent, functional boxes.
The are all imported. Cheaphumidors, HumidorCentral, Bargainhumidors, Cigarmony, CigarsInternational, Ebay, and just about every other cigar accessory vendor sells the same exact boxes. Names might be different, and prices are all over the place, but they all come from the same place.

Although I agree that a coolerador + beads is probably the cheapest way to have a decent amount of quality storage, If you really want a desktop humidor, and have some patience, cigarbid is the place to get one IMHO. You will routinely see the 75-100 ct boxes sell for under $50, and the 20 ct boxes sometimes go for really cheap. Otherwise take your pick.

FWIW I bought this one as my 1st over 5 years ago and it still works perfectly and I use it every day. As long as you use a good hygrometer and beads you shouldn't have any problems. Enjoy your cigars!

Scott
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 6:14:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The are all imported. Cheaphumidors, HumidorCentral, Bargainhumidors, Cigarmony, CigarsInternational, Ebay, and just about every other cigar accessory vendor sells the same exact boxes. Names might be different, and prices are all over the place, but they all come from the same place.

Although I agree that a coolerador + beads is probably the cheapest way to have a decent amount of quality storage, If you really want a desktop humidor, and have some patience, cigarbid is the place to get one IMHO. You will routinely see the 75-100 ct boxes sell for under $50, and the 20 ct boxes sometimes go for really cheap. Otherwise take your pick.

FWIW I bought this one as my 1st over 5 years ago and it still works perfectly and I use it every day. As long as you use a good hygrometer and beads you shouldn't have any problems. Enjoy your cigars!

Scott

Awesome.

I agree that a coolidor is probably the most functional but, yeah, I'm looking for a nice piece of furniture for desktop/coffetable which is suppose is the 25-50ct-ish size.
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 8:05:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scott

Awesome.

I agree that a coolidor is probably the most functional but, yeah, I'm looking for a nice piece of furniture for desktop/coffetable which is suppose is the 25-50ct-ish size.

Be aware, cheap and display/furniture quality humidor DO NOT MIX.  They are cheap for a reason, for example, finish (painted), lack of workmanship, quality control (lack of), inferior hardware...etc.  Look at the FAQ and that should answer your questions.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok I ended up getting a Milano Humidor from cheaphumidors.com.  I bought the imperfect model figuring that 'imperfect' would follow along the normal trend of 'a scratch on the bottom of the inside tray' lol.

and yep ...... I have not found an imperfection.

I splurged the extra $2 for priority mail (which turned out be FedEx). Ordered it on a Monday and it got here Wednesday. I included the 84% seasoning pack and a 65% pack (both Boveda) in the order.

The "whoooooosh" test from full open was flawless and blew some papers around on the desk.

The tray fits just right and three dividers (one tray divider and two identical base dividers) have that 'foam tape' on the ends which allow them to fit snug without being fixed in place.

I left it open for two days in an A/Cd room to air out.  Since then it's been seasoning with the 84% pack and should be ready on Sept 9.

It turned out to be $62 delivered.

Link Posted: 9/5/2008 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I had one similar once, at first I thought it was solid wood, but it turned out that it was actually particle wood laminated with spanish cedar and burl wood.  I found out after investigating why my cigars tasted like wood pulp and glue.

best of luck with yours

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top