Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2007 11:01:55 AM EDT
Here's a tip for everyone for this Christmas shopping season. If you are going to ask for cigars or tobacco related gifts PLEASE!! tell your wife, spouse, family, and/or friends what kind of cigars/lighter/humidor/ or anything else you like or want for Christmas. Eight years working at a cigar shop I don't know how many times I have heard a wife say "Well my husband smokes cigars and I want to get him some as a gift." My reply,"How long has been smoking and what does he smoke?" The usual answers, "Years or Decades, but I don't what he likes?" I respond, "Well you should know what he likes after all these years." Which I normally just another stupid respone. So for the sanity of your local tobacconist and the act of being helpful to your family teach or tell them what you like from the tobacco shop. Please!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#1]
That is why your fine shop should offer a gift certificate option, in any denomination!!

This way wifey gets credit for an awesome gift, and hubby gets to not only smoke 'em, but pick 'em, and hang at the clubhouse for a spell.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent an email to my mom stating the exact cigars I enjoy smoking!  In true ARFCOM fashion, I attached links and pics...and told her to get both.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#3]
A lot of wives think gift certificates are tacky so they insist on getting some type of cigar. I will always sell them something good, but I could be selling them something the reciever of the gift would really like if they just asked what they wanted or liked.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#4]
My local shop lets you leave a sort of registry of what you like. If you have someone that wants to get you something they can look up what you like and point them to those items.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My local shop lets you leave a sort of registry of what you like. If you have someone that wants to get you something they can look up what you like and point them to those items.

That's a great idea!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top