Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:29:09 PM EDT
[#1]
nice cigars, but remember one thing about fuentes.  i learned this a few years back.  what is rare now from fuente, probably won't be very rare in the future.  

the don carlos lanceros used to be rare, now you can buy them.  phantoms used to be rare as did BBMF.  it's only a matter of time til they start selling them in packs or at casa fuente.

C
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#2]
you lucky bastage
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#3]
They aren't mine, at least not yet.  These are a few of the auction items for the Toast Across America Cigar Family charity auction later this month.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They aren't mine, at least not yet.  These are a few of the auction items for the Toast Across America Cigar Family charity auction later this month.

cool, my name is BrockSamson over there
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:13:52 PM EDT
[#7]
This is a local event, one of only two in Georgia.  I didn't see an auction on the Cigar Family this year.   It seems like the Fuente's are scaling back on the Cigar Family events for some reason.

Edited to add:  Although they are scaling back on the number of stores participating in the Toast, the support(i.e. items for auction) are much better than I've seen in the past.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:22:11 AM EDT
[#8]
The reason fuente is scaling back a lot of stuff is due to them being overbooked for cigars right now. They are not even taking new customers.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This is a local event, one of only two in Georgia.  I didn't see an auction on the Cigar Family this year.   It seems like the Fuente's are scaling back on the Cigar Family events for some reason.

Edited to add:  Although they are scaling back on the number of stores participating in the Toast, the support(i.e. items for auction) are much better than I've seen in the past.

The annual auction on CF is run by the members, not the Newmans/Fuentes.  It usually pops up sometime between late October and early February.  There has been some variation over the years, depending upon how busy the guys doing it are.  Just keep watching the site.  If you like rare cigars, that's where a lot of them will show up.

I should shoot some photos of the maduro Short Story and Best Seller, or the cameroon Untold Story.  There are a lot fewer of the rare Hemingways around than of the Opus BBMFs, LBMFs, Chili Peppers and Sharks.  

Also the blend of the Don Carlos Robusto they do just for Carlos Sr.  A very different, and great cigar, not at all like the regular DC or even the special ones they did for his birthday.

Most of the above will show up in the auction.  If one is willing to pay enough to support a very good cause.

Carlito loves to play with shapes, colors, etc.  Eventually some make it to the shelves, many times they don't.  But they are fun to see and smoke.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#10]
By all means, post away.  I'd love to see them.

Edited to add: If anyone has pictures of rare cigars, Fuente or otherwise feel free to post.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top