Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2015 1:49:05 PM EDT

had a stick I thought had mold about 2 months ago. tiny spot. removed the cigar.

this morning I find this.

throw it out and get another humidification device?

watching everything else like a hawk

50ct humidor
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it isn't mold, I still wouldn't want it near my sticks.
View Quote

agreed!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not saying for sure it's mold, but that shit is mold!

I would remove and try to find out why they got moldy. Obviously too much water, but what does your hygrometer read?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm not saying for sure it's mold, but that shit is mold!

I would remove and try to find out why they got moldy. Obviously too much water, but what does your hygrometer read?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:27:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:36:48 PM EDT
[#7]
1st - remove moldy sticks and beads

2nd - re-calibrate hygrometer to make sure it is even accurate

Hard to say do anything else until we know your hygrometer is reading accurate. If it is, I would suggest a bead that not only releases humidity but also reabsorbs it when it gets too high.

What brand of beads are those? They are BIG.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#8]
beads were removed when I found it.

beads:

no sticks are moldy... for now...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Hmm...did you only use distilled water on them when you re-charged them? When would you re-charge it? Did you wait for the humidity to drop real low or just added water every month or so?

Based on their description they only release humidity, but that shouldn't be the reason for the mold.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hmm...did you only use distilled water on them when you re-charged them? When would you re-charge it? Did you wait for the humidity to drop real low or just added water every month or so?

Based on their description they only release humidity, but that shouldn't be the reason for the mold.

View Quote

didnt use distilled....

pretty sure thats were it came from
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

didnt use distilled....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

didnt use distilled....

That would probably be the reason they molded. Deff. only use distilled water when re-charging ANY of your humidification devices.

No biggie....at least you caught it before it got onto all your cigars.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top