Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2014 5:15:37 PM EDT
It's cold out, but I've been hankering for a smoke. Do any of you smoke inside your home? I don't have a garage, and I always smoke out on the deck when it's warm. Anyone with a Rabbit Air? Cigar Aficionado gave them a stellar review, although costly.

What works for you?
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll smoke outside or in my truck.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#2]
my 3rd floor is my personal hangout spot - turn on the fan in the window and light up.

Link Posted: 1/16/2014 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I smoke in fron f the woodstove and open the door a little bit. Sucks the smoke right up the chimney. A little lingering smoke makes te house smell good I think......the wife doesnt agree.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#4]
People used to smoke in their houses all the time.
I remember at a friends house, we had to turn on the ceiling fan to blow the smoke
around enough to see the TV back in the 80's.
It was the same in bars, cafes, pool halls, etc.
Guess it just isn't socially acceptable anymore.
You need to invest in a "tool shed" or some such facility these days.
I smoke in my garage now (detached) out of fear of an empty lunch box due to a pissed sammich maker.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#5]
rabbit air is the answer.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think there are any air purifiers that will completely eliminate the smell, it can remove it from the air but some will get into the furniture and carpet. If you don't have a garage I would suggest taking a drive blasting the floor vents and cracking the windows.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Looked at the Rabbit Air some more, they have two models capable of different square footage, and well as different filters. Germ Defense, Odor Remover, Pet Allergy, and Toxin Absorber. Plus with the different artsy models, I'm sure I can find one that the sammich maker will like. She actually offered to split the cost together, because it would be for the both of us, just in different ways.
She's a keeper!

Thanks for the ideas, except taking a drive. Cigars and beer just go together too well!
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:01:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Fan in the window, close AC/Heat vent in the room and put a towel at the base of the door. It was 77° here today and I'd rather smoke inside
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 5:03:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looked at the Rabbit Air some more, they have two models capable of different square footage, and well as different filters. Germ Defense, Odor Remover, Pet Allergy, and Toxin Absorber. Plus with the different artsy models, I'm sure I can find one that the sammich maker will like. She actually offered to split the cost together, because it would be for the both of us, just in different ways.
She's a keeper!

Thanks for the ideas, except taking a drive. Cigars and beer just go together too well!
View Quote

You'll like it. I really do, and it just works pretty well in my situation. I still febreze fabrics and carpets, and you can't tell the next am there was a few cigar smokers here last night.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:30:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fan in the window, close AC/Heat vent in the room and put a towel at the base of the door. It was 77° here today and I'd rather smoke inside
View Quote

What, too cold for you? (asks the guy sitting in -10 degree weather)
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Personally, I would not. I made that mistake a few years ago in our den and by day 3 I was sick of the smell.
Either suck it up and go outside, build a shed, find a smoke shop, or wait till warmer weather.
I'll fire up a stick in the garage ever so often and that is more tollerable.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much. And no 50" tv outside.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Been there, done that.
Rabbit Air alone will not solve your smoke odor problem, you also need to vent the excess smoke outside, and prevent the ash from falling into places you cannot see or reach.
I had a Rabbit Air, the only way I can make my small workshop / smoking area odor free is to have the unit rinning full blast (not quiet), plus a fan running full blast (not quiet either) in the window to draw out the excess smoke, plus be very careful with my cigar ashes.
Oh also, do not keep the cigar butt in the room, they smell really bad after a while.

There are other air filter that is better the Rabbit Air, google is your best friend.

BTW, my workshop have no carpet or drapes that can absorb and hold the odor.  If you have carpet or drapes, forget it, no amount of air filter is going to get rid of the smell, short of replacing them.

Now since I added a patio extension, with water mist, fan, and natural gas heatrs, I smoke in the patio instead.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Shed or garage separate from the house.
Well worth it in the long run. I even plan adding a deck to mine this year.
Small fan in the window in winter just to draw out some.

Mine has developed a nice patina though & I think it smells great

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top