Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2012 4:22:50 AM EDT
Friend of mine gave me a La Gloria Cubana 6x50 two tone and I'm kinda addicted again!!  Last time I smoked was back in West Germany in 1987 so I'm out of touch in whats out there.  I like something mild, sweet and a little smaller then the 6x50.  Would like some recommendations on what to get to try and a reliable source to buy them.  I live in the middle of nowhere and all I can find around here are swisher sweets!!  Looking for some experts advice!!

Thanks!!

CSF

Link Posted: 4/22/2012 6:49:29 AM EDT
[#1]
The purists will giggle and smirk and point their fingers, but try some Macanudos.

You might like them, at least to get re established.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 4/22/2012 7:09:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Since you live in the middle of nowhere I'm going to asume that a B&M (Brick & Mortar) cigar shop is not anywhere close to you.

I'd suggest looking for sampler packs at one of the big online retailers like:

Cigars International, Famous Smoke Shop, Atlantic Cigar

There are a ton of cigars out there these days compared to when you last were smoking.

Mild Sampler packs

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/catDisp.asp?cat=16

http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/cigar-samplers-by-strength.cfm

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/Assorted-Samplers/Assorted-Samplers.asp

Hope that helps
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 12:41:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Ever make it to Hudson? Hit up St. Croix Cigar downtown.
Send me an IM and ill meet you down there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:55:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 6:52:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'll have to check them out when I head into the cities next time.

Thanks!!

CSF

Link Posted: 4/27/2012 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks for your help today Kevin!!  You are now my go to place.

CSF

Link Posted: 4/27/2012 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to The Humidor!

Echo
Link Posted: 4/28/2012 11:36:38 PM EDT
[#8]
It was nice to meet you like I said all we do is sit around bitch about the president and smoke cigars my job sucks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Friend of mine gave me a La Gloria Cubana 6x50 two tone and I'm kinda addicted again!!  Last time I smoked was back in West Germany in 1987 so I'm out of touch in whats out there.  I like something mild, sweet and a little smaller then the 6x50.  Would like some recommendations on what to get to try and a reliable source to buy them.  I live in the middle of nowhere and all I can find around here are swisher sweets!!  Looking for some experts advice!!

Thanks!!

CSF

*You would probably like an Arturo Fuente Breva  I always have some on hand.
*Size wise try a perfecto length
*Order a 20 pack smapler of Maroma from Famous cigars seriouly order one size and tastes will fit you.

Smoke Rings
ST~
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Smoke one of these today Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne Magnum Tubo that was recommended and I really like it!!

CSF
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Smoke one of these today Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne Magnum Tubo that was recommended and I really like it!!

CSF

Yep.....you've had it.
Welcome to the slope....see you at the bottom!

Echo
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 6:04:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

CSF

If you liked that one, you're going to love good cigars.  IMO the champagne one is pretty rough.

I'm taking all recommendations at this point.  Let me know your thoughts on mild ones.

Thanks!!

CSF

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't know how the rest of this forum feels, but I think the Rocky Patel Edge Maduro is one of the best cigars I've had, especially for the price. Everytime I try another I find myself comparing it to the Rocky Patel.

Rockey Patel Edge Maduro
CAO MX2
Excalibur Dark Night
Jaime Garcia

These are some of my favorites, and not too expensive. I do tend to like Maduros......they just taste so good.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Good bunch of guys over there, with a good selection of smokes, and a good chunk of my salary
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 11:35:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good bunch of guys over there, with a good selection of smokes, and a good chunk of my salary

Say hi next time.
-Kevin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top