Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2012 12:38:46 PM EDT
Hey guys, this is my first post here.  I've never been much of a cigar smoker, but I got the urge this morning, so I was thinking about ordering a couple of cigars.  Are there any online merchants that you recommend, or any to avoid?

Link Posted: 3/15/2012 12:51:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The one I hear to avoid is Thompson, but I've never personally dealt with them. I order from Famous  Smoke Shop quite a bit and from Cigar.com and Cigars International some. But, if you just want a few singles to try, you might be better off going to a local cigar shop if you have a real one around.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hey guys, this is my first post here.  I've never been much of a cigar smoker, but I got the urge this morning, so I was thinking about ordering a couple of cigars.  Are there any online merchants that you recommend, or any to avoid?  

For starters I would just find some local shops or lounges... this will get you face time with merchants and a place to sit and smoke different sticks.  Just buy one at a time, this will give you time to learn about storage and tools... when your ready to keep them in good storage then go nuts online...
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Ill agree with the 2 posts above. There really is nothing like going in and looking things over for yourself in a store. Plus, if you can get to know the owner and get some suggestions its much more personable than dealing with an online retailer. Thats how many of us started out.

When/if you go shopping online I prefer Cigars International.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ill agree with the 2 posts above. There really is nothing like going in and looking things over for yourself in a store. Plus, if you can get to know the owner and get some suggestions its much more personable than dealing with an online retailer. Thats how many of us started out.

When/if you go shopping online I prefer Cigars International.

I concur...B&M until you learn what you like then submit to the Debil site....

We don't judge here.....but we will lead you astray-like....
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#5]
ditto to all the above.As for online, I like Mikes cigars. Decent prices, nut best of all, you don't just have to choose between either a/some singles, where shipping will be as much as the cigar(s) cost alone, or a full box. They have free shipping on singles, and you can also get everything that's sold by the box as a 4 or 5 pack instead. Much cheaper when you are just looking to try a few out, or like to order a variety of cigars in smaller quantity, versus buying full boxes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm a cigar.com convert.  I've ordered from a good number of the major sites, especially if they have the corner on a certain stick I like.  Thompson left a bad taste in my mouth once, so no more from them.  CI, Holt's, and JR have been good to go in past experiences.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 4:11:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Support your local tobacconist.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 5:50:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I'm a cigar.com convert.  I've ordered from a good number of the major sites, especially if they have the corner on a certain stick I like.  Thompson left a bad taste in my mouth once, so no more from them.  CI, Holt's, and JR have been good to go in past experiences.

Cigar.com/CI/CBid are all the same company. I usually always check one of these places first when looking for something because they have NEVER done me wrong.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top