Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2012 3:58:32 PM EDT
I'll be the first to admit that I like the way a good cigar band looks.  Bright colors, details etc.  

I have thought about getting a cigar journal to put my bands in but was wondering how other that save their bands do it or if you hang on to them at all.  Right now all my bands are thrown into an empty 100 count humidor that I dont use.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#1]
LT at work has a notebook.

tapes over the band and writes a few notes about the cigar for later reference... I have been meaning to start this
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I take the bands apart and flatten them out, and put them in a business card wallet, along with a description of how each one smoked, the price, where it was obtained, and then I label the ones I would like to recieve as gifts with star stickers, or in the case of two particular cigars, a "bomb" sticker because those cigars were "da bomb".  If it didn't get a sticker, then people would know that I wouldn't care to have another one.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a cigar box full of them.

I don't collect them or keep them to remember, but I figure I'll find some project to do with them one day.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Found this on ebay but 34 bones is a little more than I want to spend for a journal.

dossier
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't collect them or keep them to remember, but I figure I'll find some project to do with them one day.

Good idea. I have been throwing them away until the other night when the wife is like "You should keep those". Not going to do a journal or anything, but I will keep them in a cigar box from now on.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This, maybe a picture frame with some matting for some of the fancy/ornate ones someday.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I got a photo album style book and cut pieces of card stock to fit each page. I then use a glue stick to glue each band to a page. I use brown paper if the cigar had a natural wrapper, and black if the cigar had a maduro wrapper. Other than a few brand pages, I don't put them in any real order nor do I take notes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:56:14 PM EDT
[#9]
if you really dont want to physically keep the band here is a suggestion. Facebook and photobucket and other sites allow mobile up loads!

Say you use Facebook. easy enough to make a cigar folder. when your at home you can upload when you want. now here is what makes it nice, say your out and about or maybe somewhere on vacation.

snap a photo with your smart phone of the cigar or just the band.. upload it, you can include what you think of the stick in the discrimination of the photo and can even geotag it so you know when and where you smoked it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:41:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, maybe a picture frame with some matting for some of the fancy/ornate ones someday.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

My girlfriend is framing an arrangement of some of my nicer/more significant bands.  I'll post pics when she finishes it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I've seen folks make mosaics on a tabletop and cover it with glass.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I have every band from every cigar I have smoked since I decided to start keeping them about a year ago (1 years worth has already filled 3 large ziplock freezer bags to the brim ). I bought a cheap, but decent looking hard cover roughly  8"x11" photo album that has the clear plastic pages with multiple sleeve that the photos are meant to be slipped into from walmart. Each "sleeve" has a peice of plain white paper in it (I suspect it is just a place holder, and is to be removed after a pic is slipped in) which I use a glue stick to glue the flattened out bans to, then slip back into the sleeve. cheap and works great for me .please  note, I save only the bands, with no info included, so if you intend to use it like a log/journal with info accompanying the bands, you may want a bigger one, or something different altogether.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#13]
cigar boxes.

Am saving them to cover the tabletop in the shed.

I saved a bunch of beer coasters from my trip to amsterdam & brussles, laid them out on a serving tray then covered with that stuff used on bars.   Looks cool & has held up to some abuse.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
cigar boxes.

Am saving them to cover the tabletop in the shed.

I saved a bunch of beer coasters from my trip to amsterdam & brussles, laid them out on a serving tray then covered with that stuff used on bars.   Looks cool & has held up to some abuse.

Ooh, covering a tabletop like that is a cool idea. I'll have to keep that in mind for when I finally decide to buy a house, as I was planning to take an extra bedroom, and building a "man-cave" type deal where I'd build some nicer gun racks for my collection, expand a closet (or just wall off a section of the room, depending) and making a walk in humidor, and wanted to build a nice bar area. covering the top of the the bar or either the facing front of it, or the facing side of the "canopy" (something like this)part of the bar, would be really sweet.

Nice idea. You guys are gonna keep me in cool, fun projects if people keep posting stuff like this, and the ammo crate humidor....

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Found this on ebay but 34 bones is a little more than I want to spend for a journal.

dossier

This is the same one I have. I also have a different book that I have filled with bands. I also have a box filled with bands. I need to put them in the book. With that dossier on ebay I use a little glue from a glue stick to keep them in place.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
FRIGID beat me to it.  Save up the good ones and make a man room tabletop with them.  It's really as simple as wood table + hot glue gun + bands placed however you want + glass cut to fit the top.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn55/desmodue944/CigarTable3.jpg
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn55/desmodue944/CigarTable2.jpg
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:15:12 AM EDT
[#19]
There it is

Good call on the Onyx.....nasty.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

There it is

Good call on the Onyx.....nasty.

Really nice box, though..........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top