Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 6:10:56 PM EDT
i may or may not have an issue with a 5 pack i just got.

Never been good with the mold or plume thing so how about some photo's?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
If you just got them I would say like 95% likelihood of mold.

Truthfully its one of those if...if you have to ask questions
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Plume will looks like a fine layer of dust covering the entire stick when held at just the right angle. Mold is just about everything else. If you have clearly white splotches that wipe off, it's mold.

Stealing pictures from a google image search:
Mold:

Mold:

Mold:

Bloom/plume:

If it looks different from any of these, take a picture of it. Use the macro mode on your camera to take a closeup, so we can make a determination for you - blurry and/or far away pics probably won't help.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:19:48 AM EDT
[#3]
They were dry white spots that wiped off easily.

Used a papertowel slightly dampened with vodka, then tossed in the freezer for a few. It left no marks & it was not on the foot.   Debating weather to smoke or not......

Siglo V's
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:04:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Had them long or were they a new arrival???

If they were where I think they were from....send an email...they are very responsive!
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:53:47 AM EDT
[#5]
New.

sent a note & a photo already.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top