Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2010 1:22:33 PM EDT
I was looking into getting a bigger humi since my little starter one is packed full now. I was thinking about making a coolerdor but then came across this:

Walmart frigerador

It looks like the perfect size for me and the temperature can be regulated all the way up to 72*. The shelves slide out for easy access and it has great reviews. I'm assuming it wouldn't use very much power at all if set to 70* all the time. What do you guys think about this? For $89 I don't really think you can go wrong. I see regular humidors that are much smaller at twice the price all the time.

Also, what is the best way to store cigars in a refrigerator like this? Should I line it with cedar or just keep the cigars in boxes?

Thanks a lot.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Just saw this same frig but 12 bottle instead of 6 for the same price.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10098031&findingMethod=rr
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
For that amount of money you could buy a 150qt cooler and have 4x the room.  I tried the winecoolerdo thing, I was unimpressed.  I went with a 28 bottle model.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#3]
What were you unimpressed with? The size or the performance?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#4]
The size.  I had a 48 qt cooler that was full.  I wanted to upgrade for more space, so I went with a 28 bottle wine cooler for $150.  I would have barely been able to fit 3-4 more boxes in the wine cooler, and that to me wasn't much of an upgrade and especially not worth $150.  I returned it and decided to go with the 150 qt cooler.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#5]
those are too small, with ones that small you'll have LOTS of condensation.  Skip it and build a coolerdor and keep it in the basement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top